• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blow me for €4 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Seriously......are you having an off day at work or something? You don't normally make these kinds of mistakes. HTH
    Yes, an off day. It’s also very rare to get this far into a debate about Brexit with the overuse of smilies.

I shall leave my post in the hope that I learn from it
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes, an off day. It’s also very rare to get this far into a debate about Brexit with the overuse of smilies.

I shall leave my post in the hope that I learn from it
      I know, it must be - I just saw your spelling mistake correction on the right to reply thread

Alright, I'll dial down the smiles from now
      (I only tend to put them because Blaster practically puts in every post lol)
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

There are certain NGOs, for example, that we should stay part of. As listed earlier, things like ESA, CEN, Open Skies, etc. But there appear to be some in the Brexit camp who say we should leave every single organisation/treaty/agreement that is related to the EU. (You’ll find several of them on this forum). From a business, financial and practical point of view it would be madness to leave all EU related bodies/agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          There are certain NGOs, for example, that we should stay part of. As listed earlier, things like ESA, CEN, Open Skies, etc. But there appear to be some in the Brexit camp who say we should leave every single organisation/treaty/agreement that is related to the EU. (You’ll find several of them on this forum). From a business, financial and practical point of view it would be madness to leave all EU related bodies/agreements.
          Well, they are uninformed at best, simply for the reason of open skies, which dictates commercial airlines if i'm not mistaken!?

We still need to be able to fly to Europe people!

It comes back to what I said earlier but apply it to them instead of me; the CuKrs are not negotiating (luckily) - and the government will overrule their desires on a few things.

I'll guess Erasmus should probably stay, as that's very useful (for business in the long term) to hoover up talent.
          CERN

I'm not aware of all, but then again I don't need to be - as it's beyond my power anyhow. If we were given a further say on the final deal, then it would be worth reading the fine print, but that's a big IF.

Anyone (remain or leave) that doesn't believe there will be some nuance to 'leaving' is divorced from reality.

Edit: Time to travel home, have a good weekend with the airport, dog & hog
          Last edited by Bean; 29 September 2017, 15:16.
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

CEN, not CERN (although that’s probably just a spell checker thing)

It’s the equivalent of the British Standards Institute, DIN, ANSI, etc.
            So BS5750 becomes ISO 9000

Something with a BS mark is valid only in the UK. If it has an EN mark, it’s valid Europe-wide, and if it’s ISO marked, then it meets the global standard.

Comment

Working...
            X