• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CALEDONIA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's even got it own Tescos now, should improve matters no end. The roads were done 5+ years ago, after the bridge was put in. All HA money IIRC. The EU roads are the single track with passing places that the locals use to avoid the main roads.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      It's even got it own Tescos now, should improve matters no end. The roads were done 5+ years ago, after the bridge was put in. All HA money IIRC. The EU roads are the single track with passing places that the locals use to avoid the main roads.
      Apparently not.

Scenic Isle of Skye road upgrade completed - BBC News
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Right, so one (crofters) road at the cost of £2.5M vs the rest of the island which was finished years ahead and without the 'financial problems'. Oddly they didn't report that?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          We drove through Skye last year ourselves (in German plates no less - Servus! Said the other German at the petrol station - not German!) - single track roads were indeed overcrowded, but mostly from abroad, not other Brits.

A number of roads were developed in places. 'EU initiative award something or other' for this new section of nice wide A class road. A little later the B&B hosts we stayed at were Brexit voters, fishing rights were what pushed them to leavers. But they acknowledged the only development of the roads locally were funded from the EU. There was no fish on the menu. It really did enforce how ill informed people were leading up to the referendum.
          So by using 1 small business as anecdotal evidence (even though many fishing people have genuine concerns), you extrapolated your subjective judgement (that they were ill-informed) to an entire ~52% of people that voted leave?

genius
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            So by using 1 small business as anecdotal evidence (even though many fishing people have genuine concerns), you extrapolated your subjective judgement (that they were ill-informed) to an entire ~52% of people that voted leave?

genius
            Assguru you're such a twerp.

It is one example not a definitive explanation of reasoning behind the result.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Assguru you're such a twerp.

It is one example not a definitive explanation of reasoning behind the result.
              Firstly, no i'm not a sock-puppet.

Secondly, fishermen/women have genuine concerns - you appear to have swept them under the rug. It does also appear from your post, that you're labelling your B&B hosts as ill-informed purely due to fishing rights. A tad assumptive/arrogant/uncaring.

Finally, there are no nationwide surveys that have interviewed more than ~2k-50k people (AFAIK, please link me otherwise) - so there is no truly credible explanation possible for anyone to make, other than an extrapolation, based upon a small selection survey - in which, the questions asked can also be biased.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Firstly, no i'm not a sock-puppet.
                Yes you are.

Secondly, fishermen/women have genuine concerns - you appear to have swept them under the rug. It does also appear from your post, that you're labelling your B&B hosts as ill-informed purely due to fishing rights. A tad assumptive/arrogant/uncaring..
                I'm a messenger nothing more.

Comment

Yes you are.
                  You are wrong

I'm a messenger nothing more.
                  Oh?

To whom did the subjective opinion of the B&B hosts belong?

To whom belongs the 'definitive explanation of reasoning behind the result' ?

To whom was this true of - "It really did enforce..." ?

Go on....this should be fun.
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                  X