• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris to make a bid for the leadership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Actually it didn't. The city has changed under his mayorship for the worse.
    He allowed the development of cheaply built, inappropriate towers in areas that it didn't suit.
    Walk around Vauxhall (one of many areas affected- but I was there this w/e so it sticks out) to see the damage he has wrought.
    Wonder if you mean this;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George_Wharf_Tower

"A final decision was made by the then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott in 2005 and the tower was approved, against the decision of the planning inspector and despite warnings from Prescott's own advisers that it “could set a precedent for the indiscriminate scattering of very tall buildings across London”.

Try again

Also, in large cities - you think towers are not going to become the new normal due to the population increasing in the area and in general?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Boris Johnson Hoodies | Boris Johnson Sweatshirts & Crewnecks
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They should do one with this piece of Bristol street art.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          TM?

Name the least incompetent in terms of leadership qualities.
          Korbyn?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Wonder if you mean this;
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George_Wharf_Tower

"A final decision was made by the then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott in 2005 and the tower was approved, against the decision of the planning inspector and despite warnings from Prescott's own advisers that it “could set a precedent for the indiscriminate scattering of very tall buildings across London”.

Try again

Also, in large cities - you think towers are not going to become the new normal due to the population increasing in the area and in general?
            No. St. Georges was bad enough, but what's happening in the Nine Elms area /close to the new Sainsbury's supermarket is much, much worse.
            Of course towers are the way forward, but these are really cheap and nasty, jerry-rigged and horrible looking.
            All built under the tosser's watch.
            Or see what's happening around Wembley Stadium - same sort of thing, nasty, horrible and cheaply built.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

No. St. Georges was bad enough, but what's happening in the Nine Elms area /close to the new Sainsbury's supermarket is much, much worse.
              Of course towers are the way forward, but these are really cheap and nasty, jerry-rigged and horrible looking.
              Or see what's happening around Wembley Stadium - same sort of thing, nasty, horrible and cheaply built.
              At least they bring down those nasty helicopter thingys.

Thank goodness the wharf is not going the same way.

Why should towers be the way forward? Who wants to live in one? Why not just say that only UK passport holders can buy UK property - and only one each.

Comment

Of course towers are the way forward
                Glad you accept reality, that helps most people

but these are really cheap and nasty, jerry-rigged and horrible looking.
                Subjective opinion - please cite evidence for "cheap"

Please see prior link and quote to 'Prescott' (and nothing was built under Ken? or further back?)

♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Glad you accept reality, that helps most people

Please see prior link and quote to 'Prescott' (and nothing was built under Ken? or further back?)

Feck me, not only a cretin, but a tedious one with it.
                  If you think Boris is PM material you need your head examined.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Feck me, not only a cretin, but a tedious one with it.
                    If you think Boris is PM material you need your head examined.
                    Awww, ad-hominem when asked for evidence to backup a subjective opinion that was called out - my heart bleeds

I don't believe many of our PMs have truly been 'PM material' - but perhaps you could list a few qualities you think essential and then, list a few people who hold such qualities that you'd like in said position?

Still, given your prior responses when asked for evidence, I won't hold my breath
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Awww, ad-hominem when asked for evidence to backup a subjective opinion that was called out - my heart bleeds

I don't believe many of our PMs have truly been 'PM material' - but perhaps you could list a few qualities you think essential and then, list a few people who hold such qualities that you'd like in said position?

Still, given your prior responses when asked for evidence, I won't hold my breath
                      Does yer mum know you've got hold of her PC, you virginal geek?
                      No one as tedious as you could possibly have got laid
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X