• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking at the Sunday Times front page, Murdoch has decided May is to be removed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 I noticed that with the border guards between Slovenia and Austria and Austria and Germany last week. Thankfully in the latter case the end clientco company car was identified and waved through - the ones without company logo got stopped.
    Cross the Austrian boarder all the time. Never pulled over. Only trucks, mini buses etc. If only UK border control was as enforced.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
      pull the other one. easy to drive a car when the road is straight and there is no traffic. .
      :
      Tosh - by every account she should have lost of election because of the rise of right wing populism the Brexiters seem to believe in, said would happen, but never did.

There's plenty of traffic. The Germans just put more car lengths between drivers. Whereas the UK opens up the hard shoulder as a new traffic lane.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        :
        Tosh - by every account she should have lost of election because of the rise of right wing populism the Brexiters seem to believe in, said would happen, but never did.]
        AfD got a higher proportion of German votes than UKIP did in 2015... (But I suspect if Germany was to hold a leave/remain EU referendum, it would be a crushing remain victory).

Most pundits reckoned after GE2017 that May would make it to conference season, and Murdoch has decreed the time is now. But is Boris the trojan horse, whilst they're really backing Jacob Rees-Mogg?
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Well that's what brexiters call democracy

Think it has more to do with him buying Sky and getting referred by HM Gov to the competition watchdog than Brexit unless you were being sarcastic in which case I agree.
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Looking at the Sunday Times front page, Murdoch has decided May is to be removed
            Can we throw him to the feminists?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              Most pundits reckoned after GE2017 that May would make it to conference season, and Murdoch has decreed the time is now. But is Boris the trojan horse, whilst they're really backing Jacob Rees-Mogg?
              My bet would be Boris as PM with Mogg in number 11 as chancellor. Mogg is great but just not acceptable to the main stream.

Comment

Ruth Davidson.

Just throwing that name out there. She’s got a personality, shows signs of intelligence and isn’t scared or flummoxed by interviewers.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Ruth Davidson.

Just throwing that name out there. She’s got a personality, shows signs of intelligence and isn’t scared or flummoxed by interviewers.
                  She'd be an exceptional candidate, certainly Labour's worst nightmare, but she isn't eligible, and there isn't an obvious route to her becoming eligible unless the next election really does happen in 2022, which seems highly unlikely. Also, she's ruled herself out, and she's a straight talker, so I believe her.

Of the remaining options, I see no one particularly credible in the cabinet (perhaps DD as a caretaker). Speaking selfishly, I'd love to see Johnson and Mogg as leader/chancellor, because they're full fat free marketeers, but they'd be a total disaster, electorally and probably in every other respect. Johnson has no grasp of details and Mogg is well spoken/rehearsed, but there's a lot of magical thinking in between the gems of truth.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Ruth Davidson.

LOL
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      She'd be an exceptional candidate, certainly Labour's worst nightmare, but she isn't eligible, and there isn't an obvious route to her becoming eligible unless the next election really does happen in 2022, which seems highly unlikely. Also, she's ruled herself out, and she's a straight talker, so I believe her.
                      People who say this..

Why did you vote for Trump, cause he's straight talker. I've got a wall in the garden he want's to build one, straight talker you know.

Her gained seats are the result of a SNP backlash not seats won. She says what people want to hear, like all Tories, but underneath does not care for conservatism. Quite the opposite, sell the family silver and squeeze the poor.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 3 October 2017, 19:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X