• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Office taking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Office taking...

the p*ss.

Under directive 2004/38/EC you are allowed to deport other European nationals for not being able to support themselves, being a threat to national security or public policy but that doesn't include for doing SFA, being mentally ill or being a victim of crime.

http://<br /> https://www.theguardia...y_to_clipboard
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

linky no worky

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ed-eu-citizens

Bit of an SE cocky upy there.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Driving offences may not be minor and, if there was a custodial sentence, they clearly weren't in the case quoted.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Driving offences may not be minor and, if there was a custodial sentence, they clearly weren't in the case quoted.

36 weeks at her majesties pleasure suggests they were pretty serious.

I thought the EU & remainers said we had a right to decide who stayed in our country? Leaving was unnecessary.

Taking back control Brussels stylie?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            36 weeks at her majesties pleasure suggests they were pretty serious.

I thought the EU & remainers said we had a right to decide who stayed in our country? Leaving was unnecessary.

Taking back control Brussels stylie?
            They haven't taken any decisions yet so all these remonstrations are purely hypothetical. Classic anti-EU propaganda, make stuff up about what they might theoretically do, but don't actually do.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              They haven't taken any decisions yet so all these remonstrations are purely hypothetical. Classic anti-EU propaganda, make stuff up about what they might theoretically do, but don't actually do.

Yeah Baby

Britain loses three of four cases taken to European Court of Justice | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Research by the Vote Leave referendum campaign group found that the UK has been defeated in 101 out of 131 legal actions taken to the European Court of Justice over the last 40 years.*
              Rulings against the UK Government included prolonging a ban on world-wide export of British beef and scrapping a cut in beer duty.*
              The failure rate of 77.1 per cent for Britain in the Luxembourg-based court was last night being seen as fresh evidence of the urgent need for country to quit the EU.*
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Done while on my phone.

Need to give The Guardian Cambridge boys feed back about not being able to share links.

Comment

Is there a court case ?

In any case that is not a very representative statistic as it only represents the cases brought to a full hearing. Most cases don't get that far, and the UK wins almost all cases that are brought to the preliminary hearings.

The Express printing their anti-EU propaganda again. All of it total tripe.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 October 2017, 13:26.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

The guy with the custodian sentence for driving is the only one you could easily argue the paper gave enough info on why he should be removed.

Plus he is a Swedish national and we tend to be less prejudice against Nordic nationals that those from the former Eastern bloc.

Oddly no complaints about us removing Romanian nationals from a certain cultural background.

Comment

Working...
                    X