• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Office taking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair UK judges tend to refer upwards when they aren't sure and think we need clarification so it isn't surprising we lose.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The guy with the custodian sentence for driving is the only one you could easily argue the paper gave enough info on why he should be removed.

Plus he is a Swedish national and we tend to be less prejudice against Nordic nationals that those from the former Eastern bloc.

Oddly no complaints about us removing Romanian nationals from a certain cultural background.
      If British people were being removed from other EU countries and the Commission ignored the complaints, the Daily Express would be outraged.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        If British people were being removed from other EU countries and the Commission ignored the complaints, the Daily Express would be outraged.
        Only if they had a blonde haired blue eyed middle class British woman under 45 to use as one of their victims. Everyone else can go feck themselves.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

the custodian sentence for driving is the only one you could easily argue the paper gave enough info on why he should be removed
          Quite. Much of the article is meaningless really, just a few cases quoted with very little information and some of those look rather dubious. A guy was really taken to a removal centre because his landlord attacked him? I suspect there is rather more to it. And "clear mental health problems" could mean anything from depression to dangerous psychosis.

Whatever side we are on, maybe we should not draw conclusions without a lot more information.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Quite. Much of the article is meaningless really, just a few cases quoted with very little information and some of those look rather dubious. A guy was really taken to a removal centre because his landlord attacked him? I suspect there is rather more to it. And "clear mental health problems" could mean anything from depression to dangerous psychosis.

Whatever side we are on, maybe we should not draw conclusions without a lot more information.
            well said, maybe someone should tell the Granuiad?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X