• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its all kicking off in Las Vegas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Seen statements that the hotel should have done more, ie x ray scanners but I doubt that would have stopped the guy from what the police found, more guns, ammo, ammonia, cameras in the hotel, he was planning this for a while and he planned in fine detail. He could easily have fired the weapons from another high vantage point.

I doubt they'll ever find the reason.

qh
    From my experience of that hotel, this idea just isn't practical. Instead of "blaming" the hotel, the "authorities" should be focusing on his how the hell this guy managed to get hold of enough high-end hardware to equip a small army, but that means some form of gun control, and that just isn't going to happen. Americans should just accept that these sort of events are going to happen, the price they have to pay for unregulated, or poorly regulated gun ownership.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      the price they have to pay for not understanding there is a slight difference between a single barrel shotgun in 1780 when you live in a world with bears nearby and an automatic machine guns in the 21st century when the biggest risk is the Starbucks queue length.
      FTFY
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From my experience of that hotel, this idea just isn't practical. Instead of "blaming" the hotel, the "authorities" should be focusing on his how the hell this guy managed to get hold of enough high-end hardware to equip a small army, but that means some form of gun control, and that just isn't going to happen. Americans should just accept that these sort of events are going to happen, the price they have to pay for unregulated, or poorly regulated gun ownership.
        Could you regulate America now, even if you wanted. They have so many guns in circulation, if a nutter wanted to get hold of one, would it still be too easy for them.

Comment

Just playing devils advocate. The guy could have caused many more deaths like those in Nice were a truck driven through the crowd at speed. Why would gun control change that?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Just playing devils advocate. The guy could have caused many more deaths like those in Nice were a truck driven through the crowd at speed. Why would gun control change that?
            Trucks are not specifically designed to kill and injure.
            You have to have a license and insurance to drive a truck
            When you have a truck, the police can pull you over and will stop you if you are breaking the law.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bloody hell. He wanted to do some serious damage.

A bit like Pistorius using Dum-Dum bullets when he killed his girlfriend.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
              X