• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon station commuters flee train in 'Bible' panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Dunno. They just said a bomb threat had been reported, and then someone had forced one of the doors and no one should leave the train as they could get electrocuted and would die.

I would hardly have called it fleeing in a panic though. I have mild claustrophobia (I don't like being in packed trains and tubes), and the train was rammed full. I could see how someone with bad claustrophobia or PTSD who had been sitting for 40 mins with no real information, a potential bomb threat, and no moving air could have panicked.

When the train did eventually pull into Earlsfield we were told the train opposite was heading to Waterloo and we should get on that instead, so the train emptied out.

Oh and ScooterScot, you're an odious cretin, and I hope your bollocks turn to cubes and fester on the corners.
    I get this line as well and was on the 08:01 from New Malden - was absolutely rammed due to previous train being cancelled. This stuff is all getting way too close to home and too frequent.

Tony Blair, G W Bush and their kind have a lot to answer for - they are responsible for all of this.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It wasn't a bomb. Yes I'll mock. More people are going to die as a result of being stupid.

This is bomb:

I've seen bigger flames on my uncle's pipe:

Just because the would be bomber was incompetent and it didn't go off, bot only fizzled doesn't mean it wasn't a bomb...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        You do realise that had the tube bomb detonated as intended it would have killed many people?

After a weekend with terrorist violence in a number of countries around the world it really isn't strange that people are a bit nervous.

Perhaps you should just reel your neck in and keep your thoughts to yourself?
        No I don't know that. And nor does anyone else until it happens. Point is it din't kill anyone. Amateur night.

Was in a hotel in Stone Town, Zanzibar when a grenade was thrown into the lobby oh about 10 year ago. I still go back there. Sure the confusion was unnerving and indeed panic. I'm fully aware what it is like. But to panic over something that has not happened without reason is more likely to result in more deaths before a successful bombing. During the active IRA years people would be back to the chippy with shattered glass still lying on the roads - what happen to us?

One minute the UK is full on right wing nut jobs the next full left with full on non-gender specific cotton wool bits. Make up your mind.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          Just because the would be bomber was incompetent and it didn't go off, bot only fizzled doesn't mean it wasn't a bomb...
          The same is true next time I light up a fag.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It wasn't a bomb. Yes I'll mock. More people are going to die as a result of being stupid.
            You're projecting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is 'being stupid'?
              Panicing is stupid.

From gov.co.uk - you'll not find the word panic anywhere.

Procedures for handling bomb threats

Comment

No I don't know that. And nor does anyone else until it happens. Point is it din't kill anyone. Amateur night.
                That is due to luck that he was incompetent.

Was in a hotel in Stone Town, Zanzibar when a grenade was thrown into the lobby oh about 10 year ago. I still go back there. Sure the confusion was unnerving and indeed panic. I'm fully aware what it is like. But to panic over something that has not happened without reason is more likely to result in more deaths before a successful bombing. During the active IRA years people would be back to the chippy with shattered glass still lying on the roads - what happen to us?
                And? I know lots of people who have had near misses and I've had two myself so no need to take the piss. (Probably explains why I do not like shopping.)

One minute the UK is full on right wing nut jobs the next full left with full on non-gender specific cotton wool bits. Make up your mind.
                You have been called out for being a dumbass.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  You're projecting again.
                  nope - just spend some time on liveleak.com - Darwin awards in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    And? I know lots of people who have had near misses and I've had two myself so no need to take the piss. (Probably explains why I do not like shopping.)
                    So you've given in to the terrorists?

Wifey shopping for a new pair of shoes is more likely to kill me off before ISIS take out Clarks.

Comment

So you've given in to the terrorists?

Wifey shopping for a new pair of shoes is more likely to kill me off before ISIS take out Clarks.
                      Dumbass
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X