• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best coffee maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That is hardly going to be quicker than dicking about with the stove-top pot even if there is one right outside. I don't think there is a Costa or equivalent within 5 miles of me...

Yeah I prefer a proper mug though if I can make it whenever I want this might change to a cup. Will the original Nespresso not do long coffees then, I hadn't realised the Vertuo uses a different pod size. It was one I had noticed.
    You can make a longer coffee with a normal Nespresso by adding hot water to make an Americano. Size wise it does ristreto, espresso and lungo.

The Vertuo does an espresso, gran lungo, full cup and alto. It used a barcode system to figure out the brewing parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      You can make a longer coffee with a normal Nespresso by adding hot water to make an Americano. Size wise it does ristreto, espresso and lungo.

The Vertuo does an espresso, gran lungo, full cup and alto. It used a barcode system to figure out the brewing parameters.

The alto looks ridiculous but not having to boil the kettle would be a boon. Not sure if I'm bothered by frothy milk gadgets and steamers. If it uses silly barcodes does that mean 3rd-party ones aren't around, I saw on Which they recommended some at 1/3 the price the proper ones.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No third party Vertuo pods.

Comment

Working...
        X