Best coffee maker Best coffee maker
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 93

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Default Best coffee maker

Got fed up making my coffee in the traditional Italian way with a Bialetti as it's a bit of a faff in the morning.
    So bought a filter machine, not the cheapest one, which while it's less faff, only gives a weak brew for the same amount of coffee.
    What general coffee maker does the congregation recommend given that I don't want to be tied down to a manufacturers pods, don't want to grind beans, don't want a lot of poncing about?

Just a decent machine, cost no object, that takes any brand of coffee powder and gives decent brew.(Yes I know grinding beans is best etc etc).
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

How is the Moka pot a faff?

If you care about coffee you will have to go for a full bean to cup (Gaggia of course) which means you can better select the coarseness of the coffee and the strength
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    How is the Moka pot a faff?

If you care about coffee you will have to go for a full bean to cup (Gaggia of course) which means you can better select the coarseness of the coffee and the strength
    Maybe I'm being lazy ....it's just you can't time it so have you coffe when you wake, you've got to put the gas on, can't leave it while I drop sprog to school etc.
    Wanted something with a timer really and soemthing you can leave on while you leave the house.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard 's job has never been outsourced

La Marzocco > Gaggia

Linea Mini | La Marzocco

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Nescafe gold blend and a kettle

goddamn hipster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kra1eWAiKvE

Contractor Among Contractors

Cirrus 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    I don't want to be tied down to a manufacturers pods
    Drop that self indulgent bollox and get a Tassimo
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Got fed up making my coffee in the traditional Italian way with a Bialetti as it's a bit of a faff in the morning.
    So bought a filter machine, not the cheapest one, which while it's less faff, only gives a weak brew for the same amount of coffee.
    What general coffee maker does the congregation recommend given that I don't want to be tied down to a manufacturers pods, don't want to grind beans, don't want a lot of poncing about?

Just a decent machine, cost no object, that takes any brand of coffee powder and gives decent brew.(Yes I know grinding beans is best etc etc).
    We had a very good integrated machine in the house we rented for a while when we first moved country. You fill it with beans and it grinds them fresh for each cup. Damned if I can remember the brand, though.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Fingers like lightning

simondolan is a permanent contractor

Claridges, London.

bored now

eek is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by simondolan View Post
    Claridges, London.
    Prefer the Landmark but either are fine.

Equally the Hotel Savoy Florence...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Should post faster

minsky1 is too good to be a permie

AeroPress ... wins hands down for speed and taste