• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake Road Closures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Oh and it's not just the roads that are the target of my ire at the moment.

Customer service on the railways is another bugbear of mine.

Why? It took me 3 1/2 hours to get from Chippenham to Worcester last Saturday all because I was late arriving for my connecting service thanks to FGW. But the way I was treated as an annoying inconvenience and dismissed in an offhand manner by the jobsworth BR guy on the train made me bloody furious.

Read a transcript of the conversation & see if wouldn't have been bloody furious.

It went something like this:

Jobsworth BR guy: Tickets please

The Gal: Why are we running late?

Jobsworth BR guy: We had to detrain an undesirable at Oldfield Park

The Gal: Inneresting, I'm sure but owing to the late running of this service, I am likely to miss my connection at Bristol Temple Meads. What do you intend doing to help me out of this dilemma?

Jobsworth BR guy: Where are you going?

The Gal: Worcester Shrub Hill

Jobsworth BR guy: That's Virgin Trains - it's a different TOC

The Gal: So?

Jobsworth BR guy: Nothing to do with us , love.

The Gal: Can you not at least phone ahead and ask for the station to hold the train since there are a number of passengers for that service on board this train?

Jobsworth BR guy: They won't do that, they've got targets, y'know...

The Gal: What about the target to do with letters of complaint from disgruntled customers?

Jobsworth BR guy: As I said, nothing to do with us, love.

The Gal: So what do you suggest I do?

(and this is the comment that made me absolutely apoplectic)

Jobsworth BR guy: Just go with the flow, love

Go with the flow?? In what other business in a free market economy would that individual still have a job? Seriously.... :tantrum

Sounds like you were lucky not to be detrained as an undesirable, challenging them like that. How dare you not just go with the flow, causing a scene and disturbing other passengers.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Sounds like you were lucky not to be detrained as an undesirable, challenging them like that. How dare you not just go with the flow, causing a scene and disturbing other passengers.
      Well, yes looking back on it the way he was slow hand-clapped out of the carriage by myself and the other passengers destined for the Plymouth - Birmingham NS Cross Country service could have made me the target of a tasering by British transport Police upon arrival at BTM

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Surely closing fake roads is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Move to the continent. Problem solved.
          He could populate the continent with his tedious sockies.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

A rare case where following a sat nav blindly (quite literally for some of the coffin dodgers plaguing our roads) will have a positive outcome.

Then they are just left wondering why the chicken is wanting to cross the road.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
            X