• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car sales news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I just bought new summer tyres for the Q7, 20" Pirelli p-zeros cost about 200quid a corner

the first set did four years and about 25k miles not bad the car is driven hard

I am trying to understand where the Range Rover Velar fits in, is it in between the Sport and the big one, or smaller than the Sport ?

The latest generation ML has never looked right.

The new X7 looks nice and the Q8 is looking interesting

I'll be changing next year and can't decide what to go for

Cayenne
    SQ7
    Range Rover
    Q8
    X7
    AMG ML

it's a hard life

Milan.
    I have the Pirellies on my SL and yes they are doing that sort of milage. For some reason the ML has Continentals on and is nowhere near as hard waring. That said the ML can be pushed as hard as the SL if you are feeling in the mood so its bound to hurt the tyres more. The best way to explain the Velar is it is a 4x4 maker trying to make a normal saloon. its much lower than any of the other ranges. its considerably cheaper than both the Sport or the Vogue. I had a look at the new Discovery in preparation to replace the ML next year and I have to say its rather nice.
    But we are thinking about moving to smaller cars as my daughter will be driving next year and we don't really need to carry more than us + dog.

So the list for next year is
    RS3 saloon
    CLA 45
    GLC 43
    JCW Countryman
    SQ5 or Q3 RS version

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I see why you said in another post you have about 10 years left of mortgage to pay
    Are you one of the chavs whose car is worth more than their house?
    No. Thanks to where I chose to live I have a Converted Barn that has well over 3000 sq foot of space so having two 80K cars sat out the front of it looks quite in keeping thanks Mortgage is small so I was never in a rush to get rid of it as I could still afford the toys I wanted.

Sold your inner London terrace yet?

I wouldn't get out the car where you live so Im not surprised you are trying to run away

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      No. Thanks to where I chose to live I have a Converted Barn that has well over 3000 sq foot of space so having two 80K cars sat out the front of it looks quite in keeping thanks Mortgage is small so I was never in a rush to get rid of it as I could still afford the toys I wanted.

Sold your inner London terrace yet?

I wouldn't get out the car where you live so Im not surprised you are trying to run away
      Thanks for biting
      Yes I have sold my 5-bed detached, thanks.
      You wouldn't get out of the car where I live because you'd have no reason to come to millionaires' row.
      No point having 3000 sq foot of space in the arse end of nowhere worth about thruppence
      Last edited by sasguru; 6 October 2017, 09:15.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The best way to explain the Velar is it is a 4x4 maker trying to make a normal saloon. its much lower than any of the other ranges. its considerably cheaper than both the Sport or the Vogue
        it's the price what worries me about it

it seems too cheap, hence I was confused where exactly it fits in

I watched a video on youtube from JLR on how they made it, all fascinating and very clever technology, but for example, those door handles which recede into the body, look great, but do I trust them not to break, from a car made in Brum ?

Milan.

Comment

[QUOTE=sasguru;2479801
          Yes I have sold my 5-bed detached, thanks.
          [/QUOTE]

Fantastic can I help you on to a plane and relive you of your passport so you can't come back?

Comment

Fantastic can I help you on to a plane and relive you of your passport so you can't come back?
            Yes certainly. Maybe after you've learnt to speak English.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes certainly. Maybe after you've learnt to speak English.
              Im sure it will be easier for me to just learn Mandarin

Comment

Im sure it will be easier for me to just learn Mandarin
                Your kids will have to, post Brexit. And possibly Hindi too.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Your kids will have to, post Brexit. And possibly Hindi too.
                  Should have been doing so for decades in my opinion. We wasted their time learning Spanish and German. Still at least French was dropped as pointless.

Comment

Should have been doing so for decades in my opinion. We wasted their time learning Spanish and German. Still at least French was dropped as pointless.
                    French may come in useful as Africa awakes from its economic slumber.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      French may come in useful as Africa awakes from its economic slumber.
                      Im not sure they ever will. What with the anti-bribery laws as they stand. You can't get **** all done out there without sweeteners in paper bags. Most firms just can't do that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X