• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best TeaPot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Get a coffee maker and fill it with coffee.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Get a coffee maker and fill it with tea.
      Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      FTFY
      Get a still, fill it with (vodka, juniper berries, Angelica root, bergamot, bitter orange, cardamom, cassia, coriander and a few others). Your distillate will be gin.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Get a still, fill it with (vodka, juniper berries, Angelica root, bergamot, bitter orange, cardamom, cassia, coriander and a few others). Your distillate will be gin.
        Vodka is already a distillate. That sounds like an infusion. Not sure why you would do this in a still.

Comment

Vodka is already a distillate. That sounds like an infusion. Not sure why you would do this in a still.
          You suspend the botanicals over the vodka so that they flavour the vapour, then you condense it.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            You suspend the botanicals over the vodka so that they flavour the vapour, then you condense it.
            Ah. Thanks. Must try. Sloe and damson gins are my regulars.

Comment

Always made my own sloe gin in time for Christmas.

Word has it that one shouldn't pick the sloes until after the first frost.

Now, years ago that meant you could have them steeped in a kilner jar by the end of September but these days one can count the number of pre-Christmas frosts on something I haven't got.

So, onto a baking tray for a night in the deep freeze they go...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                When you go shopping for a teapot, take a bottle of water and a bowl with you. Then you can check easily if the teapot is a dribbler.
                The main dribbling aspect isn't hairline cracks but utterly carp "shallow" spouts where supposedly chic minimalist design has long since completely taken over from sound hydrodynamics and plain common sense.

Frankly I wouldn't bother buying any teapot made after about 1950 for that reason, as it will dribble like an incontinent two year old!

Your best bet is to try and find an old one in a charity shop. (I have several, although I don't generally use them.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I’ve 3.5l of sloe gin on the go from picking the blackthorns I planted a couple of years ago. They don’t go through a still, just 500g of fruit, 250g of sugar per litre of gin.

Comment

Sloe Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      my trusty old teapot has developed a hairline crack.
                      What do you guys think is the best replacement? i want a nice strong brew without too much faffing.
                      oh, and money is no object.
                      Sounds like you need the advice of experts....

Comment

Working...
                      X