• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A croak too far

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like the speech was the last straw, men in grey suits will be visiting Ms May shortly to suggest she does the honorable thing.

Plot to oust Theresa May involves around 30 Tory MPs including Brexiteers and Remainers, ringleader Grant Shapps says | The Independent

Grant Shapps? He of the multiple personality disorder...

All together now, "There's only 3 Grant Shapps"...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The speech was incoherent crap, regardless of the mishaps. It was schizophrenic on the free market ideals (about which she clearly isn't sold) vs. the Milibandesque policy response. On reflection, she was saved any scrutiny on the substance by a fortunate series of mishaps

Comment

She could have saved herself a lot of embarrassment by having a glass of ice cold water on hand to rapidly soothe her throat in the event of a coughing fit, especially knowing she was recovering from a recent cold.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          She could have saved herself a lot of embarrassment by having a glass of ice cold water on hand to rapidly soothe her throat in the event of a coughing fit, especially knowing she was recovering from a recent cold.
          I find it easier to rap my presentations/talks, once you get going I never seem to cough. May could have done a little rap, no coughing and appealed to the younger audience.

Comment

It seems to me that all prime ministers end up as broken figures of one form or another. American presidents seem to fare a lot better.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It seems to me that all prime ministers end up as broken figures of one form or another. American presidents seem to fare a lot better.
              Tony Blair has made a small fortune. Cameroooon is writing his book in his "office" in his garden, it's not static so he can claim it back.

Brown was a bit strange before pm, what's the other one called, sorted out Northern Ireland, he seems happy.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I find it easier to rap my presentations/talks, once you get going I never seem to cough. May could have done a little rap, no coughing and appealed to the younger audience.

Comment

Tony Blair is one of the few who got out in time. He was never really broken at the end, just a crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    The speech was incoherent crap
                    And therefore perfectly judged for the majority of the country. It pressed the right buttons which is all that matters nowadays.
                    Re: free market ideals, do you think the free market is working?
                    Last edited by sasguru; 6 October 2017, 11:15.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      And therefore perfectly judged for the majority of the country. It pressed the right buttons which is all that matters nowadays.
                      Re: free market ideals, do you think the free market is working?
                      It rather depends what you mean by 'working'.

Comment

Working...
                      X