• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catalonia referendum: Thousands rally for Spanish unity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    How are 'residents in Scotland' defined?
    By how many deep fried mars bars one has ever eaten?

Comment

ich bien ein glaswegian?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You Scots want independence?
        Past... Some do, but most don't. Some of the 'some' struggle with simple maths and so think they are in a majority.
        According to CNN, more than half did not want independence, but even more than half did....

Comment

Wild guess here.................the Electoral Register perhaps?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Wild guess here.................the Electoral Register perhaps?

Scoots is even more confused than usual.

Comment

I was around Madrid last Sunday on the day of the referendum vote and I was watching these 'Spanish Nationalist' supporters coming back from a rally in central Madrid and they seemed to be a good mix of youths with Spanish flag capes and well dressed, middle class couples and older respectfully dressed citizens (the types that stepped out of church on Sunday in Britain). Not the types that you would see at a nationalist rally on the streets of the U.K. There was no trouble and people did not seem guilty or worried, walking home, even alone with a Spanish flag or cape on their person. Try that with a Union Jack flag around a trendy left wing area of London (Primrose Hill) and see what you get..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'm one of them.

We just want independence.
                I'm happy to be the one to break it to you, but you have already achieved independence from the Bastard English bastards. When you moved to Munich. And just so you know, you're not the only one celebrating...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Get your facts straight.. The majority of residents in Scotland voted to remain. 64% of Scots born in Scotland voted to leave. EU Citizens living in Scotland voted to remain for fear of loosing the right to be there. Now they're going to loose that right anyway.

Understand there is a difference between resident and citizen.

As a resident in Germany I'm not allowed to vote in national elections. But I am allowed to vote in UK elections that have little impact on me until Brexit comes alone.

Normally I stay out of the way, I'm impartial. But the day someone comes along, lies to EU citizens that they would loose their status and holds a national referendum on the EU 24 months later after the Scottish referendum, that pisses a lot of people off.
                  Racist

Unlike you the Scottish parliament, who decided who could take part in the referendum, decided not to be racist and ageist.

They simply decided anyone who actually lived in Scotland who they considered was mature enough should have a say in the country they actually live in future. Since you didn't and don't live in Scotland, like my Scottish friends at the time, you had no say.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Scoots is even more confused than usual.
                    Can you evidence scooty being less confused than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                      I was around Madrid last Sunday on the day of the referendum vote and I was watching these 'Spanish Nationalist' supporters coming back from a rally in central Madrid and they seemed to be a good mix of youths with Spanish flag capes and well dressed, middle class couples and older respectfully dressed citizens (the types that stepped out of church on Sunday in Britain). Not the types that you would see at a nationalist rally on the streets of the U.K. There was no trouble and people did not seem guilty or worried, walking home, even alone with a Spanish flag or cape on their person. Try that with a Union Jack flag around a trendy left wing area of London (Primrose Hill) and see what you get..
                      The well dressed church attending Madrilleno it the archetypal Franco supporter.

Comment

Working...
                      X