• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland out of world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Hey snowflake! No need to play the racism card. You're just a bit over eager this morning with your SJW virtue signalling. Ask your Mum if you're allowed an hour of Civ 5.
    I've got civ 6 now but sadly had to come to work before having a chance to spark it up.

Poor result against Lithuania

Comment

There's a Scottish football team?

Comment

Scottish genetically inferior for football?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...chan-world-cup

Second smallest team behind Spain.

I can only suppose his quote was taken out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          There's a Scottish football team?
          I distinctly remember reading about it in the Red Dwarf timeline.

2224: After the World Cup added rules for Genetic Alternative Sports, Scotland created a genetically engineered goal keeper that was 8 feet tall and 16 feet wide, thereby blocking the entire goal. Ironically, they still did not qualify for the second round.

Comment

ALL football. Where idiot tribalism meets repressed homosexuality. WGAS.
            FTFY

Comment

I distinctly remember reading about it in the Red Dwarf timeline.
              Interestingly enough a goal is 24ft wide not 16 so...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Interestingly enough a goal is 24ft wide not 16 so...
                It is now.

Comment

The only solution is to ditch the individual home nation teams and go with a GB (and NI) team. They'll have a chance at an Olympic medal then.

England are barely any better than Scotland, but they will still be hyped up to win the World Cup next summer.

Caught a headline on the back of a newspaper this morning, something like 'Southgate says Kane is the best striker he's ever seen'. He's not even the best striker ever for England let alone the world. Southgate must still be wearing that paper bag on his head from that pizza commercial after he missed the penalty in Italia 90 (IIRC).

So yes, a lot of England's problems are made by the press sensationalising what are a mediocre bunch of spoilt millionaires. At least Scotland know they're tulip.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

The only solution is to ditch the individual home nation teams and go with a GB (and NI) team. They'll have a chance at an Olympic medal then.

England are barely any better than Scotland, but they will still be hyped up to win the World Cup next summer.

Caught a headline on the back of a newspaper this morning, something like 'Southgate says Kane is the best striker he's ever seen'. He's not even the best striker ever for England let alone the world. Southgate must still be wearing that paper bag on his head from that pizza commercial after he missed the penalty in Italia 90 (IIRC).

So yes, a lot of England's problems are made by the press sensationalising what are a mediocre bunch of spoilt millionaires. At least Scotland know they're tulip.
                    After the last 2 performances most England fans know we are shiiiite too.

But nothing like a bit of completely misplaced optimism coming of the back of a scrambled 2-1 friendly win over a completely understrength Brazil side though.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      After the last 2 performances most England fans know we are shiiiite too.

But nothing like a bit of completely misplaced optimism coming of the back of a scrambled 2-1 friendly win over a completely understrength Brazil side though.

I think it's been apparent for years. The 'golden generation' that achieved **** all, not even a semi final in a major tournament.

Not been in a semi final since Euro 96 and that was on home turf like the only time they ever won the world cup.

No wonder so many football fans put their 'local' team above the national one. Liverpool v Man U this Saturday. Should be good, with all those foreign players, foreign managers, and foreign owners. They may as well move the teams abroad similar to what Wimbledon FC did moving to Milton Keynes. It's all about the brand these days.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X