• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland out of world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was it who used to do those wonnderful skits about Scottish goalkeeping?

Comment

It's why I prefer the Gaelic Football nowadays. Have you seen the size of the pitch? From the back of the Cusack at Croker the players look like ants. Or maybe they were ants and I was at home sniffing Ajax again....

Comment

I was cheering for Scotland yesterday. Mrs HS asked why - They hate you, wear Argentina shirts and cheer anyone England play. That's' why I said, it winds them up that we don't (openly) hate them back.

As for Ingurlund, we've been tulip for years now. There is no genuine development / progression into first teams of the youngsters and the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.
        We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
          I was cheering for Scotland yesterday. Mrs HS asked why - They hate you, wear Argentina shirts and cheer anyone England play. That's' why I said, it winds them up that we don't (openly) hate them back.

As for Ingurlund, we've been tulip for years now. There is no genuine development / progression into first teams of the youngsters and the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.
          My interest started to wane after the let down of the so-called "Golden Generation" in Germany 2006.

Frankly, since then, it has just got worse. So bad, in fact, that I didn't even know we'd
          qualified for Russia 2018 until somebody mentioned it this morning.

Comment

I like that. It is like showing Australians that you're not fussed even when England wins the Ashes.

Comment

... the PL couldn't give a rats arse how well the national team do.
              I wish the PL would get on with it and merge into the European Super League. Where it's all about the money and brand and the players don't even have to pretend to be interested in the national team.

Though I can't take football seriously until they bring in video referees like they have in rugby. It's a shame when the highlight of some games are the poor referee decisions due to them only seeing it in real time. It's like F1 where the pitstops are the only interesting bits other than the first and last laps.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hobosapien;2480773]I wish the PL would get on with it and merge into the European Super League. Where it's all about the money and brand and the players don't even have to pretend to be interested in the national team.

Only a matter of time but firstly we will have to have the first PL game played overseas (Malaysia somewhere)
                We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Who was it who used to do those wonnderful skits about Scottish goalkeeping?
                  My interest started to wane after the let down of the so-called "Golden Generation" in Germany 2006.

Frankly, since then, it has just got worse. So bad, in fact, that I didn't even know we'd
                  qualified for Russia 2018 until somebody mentioned it this morning.
                  Oh, sorry. Don't the opinions of a woman count?

Comment

Come on Germany!

Look closely you can see the tears

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, sorry. Don't the opinions of a woman count?
                      No they don't.

So carry on GricerBoy.....

Comment

Working...
                      X