• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoiding SDLT Surcharge - buy through Ltd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    But you should have a 'hyphen' key on your keyboard. And there really is no excuse for incorrect subject verb agreement, except of course the parlous state of the education system, over many many decades, it would appear.
    Oh **** me, look who's setting themselves up as grammar moderator. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      U just press 'a' and hold and all the accented versions appear onscreen with little numbers on the top so u either click or press the number over the one you want.

Easy. Only works on a Mac though....
      Works on my touchscreen windows machine too

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        U just press 'a' and hold and all the accented versions appear onscreen with little numbers on the top so u either click or press the number over the one you want.

Easy. Only works on a Mac though....
        And Android phones.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          Oh **** me, look who's setting themselves up as grammar moderator. Again.
          PIAP fancies himself as a moderator, so just educating the semi-educated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
            If you want to change your reisdence (ie flip) you need to notify HMRC
            You can't flip for stamp duty purposes like you can for CGT. HMRC will decide based on where you spend most time, where your bills go, what's on your driving licence etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              I thought it did. Anyhow, how is my primary residence determined? I'm not doing BTL & will have 2 resi mortgages so which is my primary residence?
              As above.

Good luck with finding a lender who will lend on a pied-a-terre, I think most will run a mile from that in the current climate.

Comment

I have a novel solution to your conundrum.

Just pay the fooking tax that you owe!

You are a wealthy IT contractor and yet want to dodge taxes, I bet you are always queuing up at NHS for every bloody ailment.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  I have a novel solution to your conundrum.

Just pay the fooking tax that you owe!

You are a wealthy IT contractor and yet want to dodge taxes, I bet you are always queuing up at NHS for every bloody ailment.
                  You see, people like you with that attitude are part of the problem.

I don't OWE any tax. HMRC think they can change the rules & fleece us even more.

Tax is just legalised theft, remember....
                  Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 9 October 2017, 11:46.

Comment

Look I KNOW I HAVE TO PAY IT!!!
                    I just want to know if I have to pay the surcharge if I buy a new primary residence whilst owning a flat that I am going to use as a crash pad for work.
                    Yes. You have to pay it.

The surcharge was deliberately introduced to target people who are wealthy enough to purchase a second residence.

It is target specifically at you. Someone who wants to own two properties for their own private use.

They've even explained their thinking as to why it's fair here.

Comment

I don't OWE any tax.
                      You will if you buy a second property.

Comment

Working...
                      X