• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the first few posters in this thread are either thick-as-mince, Apple fanboyz, or (outside chance) linux heads. But ignorant either way.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      There was news about MS stopping surface hardware in a couple of years. Which is a great shame because it's good stuff, I've got the surface book pro and its an excellent laptop. The new stuff looks good also.
      that's fake news. They're not stopping that. They've learnt from Apple and are now the innovators in the market whilst Apple keeps churning out the same phone every 6 months.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I think the first few posters in this thread are either thick-as-mince, Apple fanboyz, or (outside chance) linux heads. But ignorant either way.
        yup.... Prolly both.

Although I can't see much life in the Windows phone right now. Maybe a Surface phone but only after a few years.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          that's fake news. They're not stopping that. They've learnt from Apple and are now the innovators in the market whilst Apple keeps churning out the same phone every 6 months.
          I hope so. The sources of that news story came from are from a industry analyst (so no doubt has shares or interests in certain companies) and Lenovo who of course want MS to leave the market as it will mean more revenue for them.

Sad to see that MS are not investing in W10M as I like the platform (not a big app user - just use the phone for email, browsing and calls) and consumers loose out when we are left with a duopoly in the smartphone market.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Umm care to guess who current clientco is.....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              I hope so. The sources of that news story came from are from a industry analyst (so no doubt has shares or interests in certain companies) and Lenovo who of course want MS to leave the market as it will mean more revenue for them.

Sad to see that MS are not investing in W10M as I like the platform (not a big app user - just use the phone for email, browsing and calls) and consumers loose out when we are left with a duopoly in the smartphone market.
              absolutely. In fact for business phones there should only be 2 choices. Windows or iOS. Android is just a bit too tulipty.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

yup.... Prolly both.

Although I can't see much life in the Windows phone right now. Maybe a Surface phone but only after a few years.
                Yes probably at some point next year running what is currently called Andromeda or Windows Core - https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-core-os

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
                  Yes probably at some point next year running what is currently called Andromeda or Windows Core - https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-core-os
                  Just can't see it working without apps, even for business.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Just can't see it working without apps, even for business.
                    The way business is going is to lock down app usage anyway.
                    The business offer everyone who needs a phone a windows phone. If the precious snowflakes want an iPhone that’s £300 of salary sacrifice. Both can do the business stuff (all office365/azure based) and both can be managed.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The way business is going is to lock down app usage anyway.
                      The business offer everyone who needs a phone a windows phone. If the precious snowflakes want an iPhone that’s £300 of salary sacrifice. Both can do the business stuff (all office365/azure based) and both can be managed.
                      Sorry i disagree. People use the iPhone they don't want to learn about a new os for work. Most people have a personal phone running ios or android, so they want their work phone to reflect that.

Comment

Working...
                      X