• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Windows 3.11 the need for Apple/mac has gone forever

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Totally agree with you. WIndows hasn’t needed competitors to point out how bad it is, it has been able to prove that all by itself.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Totally agree with you. WIndows hasn’t needed competitors to point out how bad it is, it has been able to prove that all by itself.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          The way business is going is to lock down app usage anyway.
          The business offer everyone who needs a phone a windows phone. If the precious snowflakes want an iPhone that’s £300 of salary sacrifice. Both can do the business stuff (all office365/azure based) and both can be managed.
          And what business are going to pay to rent another copy of O365 on another device?
          You may loathe Apple because their systems are not running Microsoft for everything, but that’s a good thing in my book.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And what business are going to pay to rent another copy of O365 on another device?
            You may loathe Apple because their systems are not running Microsoft for everything, but that’s a good thing in my book.
            It's bad that there is less competition and windows 10 mobile is a better os for me. But content is king i guess.

Hating ms is a bit old hat now.

Comment

You get 5 devices per license.

I don’t loathe Apple. I have a MacBook Pro , an iPad and an iPhone. I also have a surface and a PC. I have no preference but there is a genuine business case for windows phone for the business.
              It’ll be back.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                And with the addition of Win32s, it's unbeatable.

<ZG in "playing Freecell since Win32s & still crap at it" mode>

Comment

I thought bring your own device (or whatever it's called) was the next big idea so people could use their own phone/laptop for work to reduce corporate cost on supplying the kit, and so the person only needs to carry one phone for email etc.

Also avoids the company having to pander to all the preferences or force the staff to use blackberry or the preferred corporate option.

Is it another idea that was good on paper but a nightmare to implement properly (security on and off the corporate network) or is it still gaining popularity?
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So we move away from Windows10 to Windows11/Windows12 or maybe straight to Windows13 which is the most appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      I thought bring your own device (or whatever it's called) was the next big idea so people could use their own phone/laptop for work to reduce corporate cost on supplying the kit, and so the person only needs to carry one phone for email etc.

Also avoids the company having to pander to all the preferences or force the staff to use blackberry or the preferred corporate option.

Is it another idea that was good on paper but a nightmare to implement properly (security on and off the corporate network) or is it still gaining popularity?

There was a lot of hype around this is 2011/2012 - from what I've seen in the field that's still all it is; hype.

Great idea in theory, but in practice BYOD is a security nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                      X