• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    There was a lot of hype around this is 2011/2012 - from what I've seen in the field that's still all it is; hype.

Great idea in theory, but in practice BYOD is a security nightmare.
    I am currently working for a small unit of a big bank which was sold to another company.

During transition, I have to connect to Guest internet rather than BYOD. Is BYOD is heavily locked down. Though Guest is hardly open....

Comment

Microsoft should stick to what they are good at - Software and Cloud stuff. Azure is awesome.

Comment

I was under the impression (from an MS developer conference) that Win 10 was the last Windows to be built.

Everything 'new' was just going to be (forced) updates.

So never a 'new' version of windows.

Maybe not true now or changed?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Microsoft should stick to what they are good at - Software and Cloud stuff. Azure is awesome.
          Microsoft are good at pinching others ideas, purchasing software rights and litigation.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X