• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 is

cr*p so is scrapped - linky

Microsoft appears to have abandoned its smartphone operating system ambitions.

The company's Windows 10 chief has tweeted that developing new features and hardware for the Mobile version of the OS was no longer a "focus".

Joe Belfiore added that he had also switched to Android himself.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    hmm - think we've knowing that for at least the past year....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hmmm....interesting.

My biggest bugbear with Windows 8+ is the duality of everything.

Many applications seem to have 2 incarnations - the regular desktop version and the Metro App - there are two spheres of user experience, in other words.

And I don't like that.

Comment

cr*p so is scrapped
        That's a shame. I wonder if they've tried turning it off and back on again....?

Comment

Apple Pen?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

More good news following them abandoning the Nokia experiment. Their Surface tulipe will be next.

They should stick to fleecing corporates for enterprise software and declutter the consumer marketplace with their tat.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              More good news following them abandoning the Nokia experiment. Their Surface tulipe will be next.

They should stick to fleecing corporates for enterprise software and declutter the consumer marketplace with their tat.
              The Surface Book laptop is a superb bit of kit.

Comment

Slightly ambiguous thread title there, reminds me of a Daily Mail headline
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Its windows 10 mobile not windows 10.

It's not crap at all, it's a great mobile operating system. I have an android and ipod for testing and windows 10 mobile is better - my opinion.

It's missing out on the apps, at first it didnt matter but more and more I'm noticing it missing key apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

There was news about MS stopping surface hardware in a couple of years. Which is a great shame because it's good stuff, I've got the surface book pro and its an excellent laptop. The new stuff looks good also.

Comment

Working...
                    X