The CUK Water Cooler The CUK Water Cooler - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Some dull blithering.
    Yes, very good.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  2. #12

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    So what's TPD for? Which thread do the cool kids hang out at?

  3. #13

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    So what's TPD for? Which thread do the cool kids hang out at?
    TPD is for blogging in the community.....

  4. #14

    Banned

    Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    So what's TPD for? Which thread do the cool kids hang out at?
    This is a place to desseminate inneresting factoids for the general stimulation of the good folk of CUK

  5. #15

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Give it a few hours -

    The cooler is empty. There are spare bottles on the floor next to it. Nobody is prepared to fill it. The Remoaners because it's English Buxton water and besides they thought they'd imported a load of immigrants for that kind of thing. The Brexiters because they've already paid for it doing and are fecked if they're going to pay twice for the same thing.

  6. #16

    Banned

    Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    Give it a few hours -

    The cooler is empty. There are spare bottles on the floor next to it. Nobody is prepared to fill it. The Remoaners because it's English Buxton water and besides they thought they'd imported a load of immigrants for that kind of thing. The Brexiters because they've already paid for it doing and are fecked if they're going to pay twice for the same thing.
    Truth be known, I'm actually a San Pellegrino sparkling water kind o' gal.

  7. #17

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Can we give PIP this water - linky ?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Truth be known, I'm actually a San Pellegrino sparkling water kind o' gal.
    It's harder than ever to find it in proper bottles now, and I'm damned if I'll drink fizzy water from plastic bottles!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It's harder than ever to find it in proper bottles now, and I'm damned if I'll drink fizzy water from plastic bottles!
    Larger bottles tend to be glass while the small ones are all plastic.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #20

    Contractor Among Contractors

    NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    I'll chip in something all CUKers can associate with.

    In the mid-victorian era making cloth dyes 'fast' was achieved using a process developed by the ancient Romans. This involved reducing down large quantities of Urine. This was done in the North of England (some things never change). This therefore involved chartering large numbers of ships to transport it. Now, a ships Captain was a 'pillar of the society job' so they got invited to all the nobs do's. Of course if it got out what the normal cargo was they'd get taken down a peg or two, so if you got accused of 'taking the p*ss' this was a fairly serious allegation you wanted to avoid.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •