• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor mortgages recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor mortgages recommendation

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for mortgage brokers for contractors that are fee free

Thanks

Nope.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by konsultant View Post
      Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for mortgage brokers for contractors that are fee free

Thanks
      The mortgage broker makes their money through a fee - either a one-off payment or a drip feed.

How else would they get paid to do all the research etc for you?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ok ok.

I meant not charging anything from client, i.e. me but making money by way of commission from the bank.

Comment

Ok ok.

I meant not charging anything from client, i.e. me but making money by way of commission from the bank.
          There are not any.

Comment

Real contractors pay in cash.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
              I used SuperContractors last year and on recommendation so did a colleague of mine. No problems at all; I was a first time buyer and bombarded them with bazillion noob questions which my contact patiently answered.

Comment

Ok ok.

Which you then refund to the bank via interest charges, funds booking fees, valuation fees, that sort of free?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Which you then refund to the bank via interest charges, funds booking fees, valuation fees, that sort of free?
                  Yes I am sure I am paying for it by paying the bank in some way but when you're hoovering up every bit of cash and then some to buy a house like I was then fee free helps.

Comment

Broker fees are £700. You'll save most of that by not having to take a day off to sit in a branch answering all their inane questions. If money is that tight then pay on a credit card, or PM NLyUK and see if she has a w^nk line that's understaffed or summat.

Comment

Working...
                    X