• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Done Brad Pitt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I'm not totally au fait with this story but I was reading about a sexual harrassment (or was it assault?) case involving the ex-head of MI5.

Apparently he's attended a dinner party and placed his hand on the knee of the woman sitting to his right.

That was it.

I mean, yes it's an invasion of privacy and he deserved a slap across the cheek but sexual assault? Prosecution? Really?

I worry about my old Uncle Alfred with the wandering hands and can't help feeling we should be preventing him from attending any further family functions for fear he may squeeze the derriere of the wron sort of gal...
    When does ‘trying it on’ become ‘assault’?
    It points to a wider societal problem when that quite serious difference becomes a grey area IMO.

Would Bill Clinton have been accused of abusing Monica Lewinsky if it had happened this decade?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      It points to a wider societal problem when that quite serious difference becomes a grey area IMO.

Would Bill Clinton have been accused of abusing Monica Lewinsky if it had happened this decade?
      Presumably that was consensual, though lord know how he initiated the relationship.

I believe his MO was to flop his whopper out and take it from there.

Comment

I mean, yes it's an invasion of privacy and he deserved a slap across the cheek but sexual assault? Prosecution? Really?
        Prosecution is absurd in such circumstances. I'm an old bloke but had a hand on my thigh twice in the last year. ( 1 bloke, 1 old lady)
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Worth starting off by considering what constitutes an assault (rather than a sexual assault).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_...of_the_offence

Comment

I believe his MO was to flop his whopper out and take it from there.
            That’s never worked for me. Not even with Mrs. Lance.
            Then again I’m not the president.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Whilst the man is no doubt a complete leach and probably guilt of worse I seriously think we need to be careful of accusing someone of anything sinister when in reality he just tried his luck.

Is a man no longer supposed to even try to ask a women if she wants a bit of 'ows your father?'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Whilst the man is no doubt a complete leach and probably guilt of worse I seriously think we need to be careful of accusing someone of anything sinister when in reality he just tried his luck.

Is a man no longer supposed to even try to ask a women if she wants a bit of 'ows your father?'
                And what about that age old ruse that I'm sure you've all pulled at one time or another (and I've certainly been the victim of it).

You know the one, you're at a party and you end up on the sofa next to an attractive lady.

Next, you stretch, feign a yawn, bring your outstretched arm down so it's lying along the back of the sofa from where in a couple of minutes you will accidentally on purpose let it drape its way around her shoulders.

Would that be assault? Lordy, these snowflake parties must be as dull as ditchwater.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

How do you know that he in reality just tried his luck? He has three rape accusations against him. We need to be careful not to prejudge the outcome of any judicial processes (YES, SCOOTS, I AM LOOKING AT YOU), but equally you are in no position to state that in reality he just tried his luck.

Comment

And what about that age old ruse that I'm sure you've all pulled at one time or another (and I've certainly been the victim of it).

You know the one, you're at a party and you end up on the sofa next to an attractive lady.

Next, you stretch, feign a yawn, bring your outstretched arm down so it's lying along the back of the sofa from where in a couple of minutes you will accidentally on purpose let it drape its way around her shoulders.

Would that be assault? Lordy, these snowflake parties must be as dull as ditchwater.
                    I hope not - that was always plan a.....

Although more often that not when I sat on a sofa next to some lady she would be slipping a tongue down my throat way before I plucked up the courage for the yawn manoeuvre.

It's a good point - are all the snowflakes hipsters walking around with blue balls?

Is this why they all wear glasses?

We need to know.....

Comment

The Obamas weigh in (Weinstein is a noted Democrat supporter):

Michelle and I have been disgusted by the recent reports of Harvey Weinstein. Any man who demeans and degrades women in such fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status. We should celebrate the courage of women who have come forward to tell these painful stories. And we all need to build a culture, including by empowering our girls and teaching our boys decency and respect, so we can make such behavior less prevalent in the future.
                      Is it just possible that they have, at the back of their mind another alleged (and self-confessed) grabber of women in intimate places? One with a series of lawsuits for sexual misconduct outstanding? One who believes his wealth and status mean he may ignore the usual decencies?

Surely not.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X