• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Done Brad Pitt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    How do you know that he in reality just tried his luck? He has three rape accusations against him. We need to be careful not to prejudge the outcome of any judicial processes (YES, SCOOTS, I AM LOOKING AT YOU), but equally you are in no position to state that in reality he just tried his luck.
    Well the quote is

'Gwyneth said he placed his hands on her and suggested they head to the bedroom for massages.'

So he put his arm around her/on her shoulder and suggested they go ****........

She said no....

I am sure he is guilty of worse as I said in my original post.

But asking a lady for a bit and being told no and then not pursuing is kind of the normal way things are supposed to work?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Whilst the man is no doubt a complete leach and probably guilt of worse I seriously think we need to be careful of accusing someone of anything sinister when in reality he just tried his luck.

Is a man no longer supposed to even try to ask a women if she wants a bit of 'ows your father?'
      A number of women are saying he raped them. Is that considered "trying your luck"?

Comment

Well the quote is

'Gwyneth said he placed his hands on her and suggested they head to the bedroom for massages.'

She said no....

But asking a lady for a bit and being told no and then not pursuing is kind of the normal way things are supposed to work?
        https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-their-stories

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          A number of women are saying he raped them. Is that considered "trying your luck"?
          The only woman oPM knows is his mum, and he's learnt not to try his luck there. So you do need to show a bit of understanding about the origins of his angry white man alt-right snowflake thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            No not at all - but I do not think it does anyone any favours when all these women come out of the woodwork trying to make out somehow they were one of his 'victims' when in reality they were not.

The guy is a leacherous scumbag who is probably guilt of rape and coercion - but that does not mean he raped every woman he made advances towards.

Comment

No not at all - but I do not think it does anyone any favours when all these women come out of the woodwork trying to make out somehow they were one of his 'victims' when in reality they were not.

The guy is a leacherous scumbag who is probably guilt of rape and coercion - but that does not mean he raped every woman he made advances towards.
              Strawman. Nobody is claiming this.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Strawman. Nobody is claiming this.
                The point I was trying to make was that women coming forward and claiming they were victims because he tried to get them in the sack is not helping.

It will then be seen by the court that he did try it on with almost every woman he met - but he did nothing to those that said no.

It then starts to cast doubts on the word of the woman he did allegedly rape.

If he is guilt of rape then fine he is guilty of rape - whether he made advances at 'insert successful movie star here' or not has no relevance on the case.

Comment

The point I was trying to make was that women coming forward and claiming they were victims because he tried to get them in the sack is not helping.

It will then be seen by the court that he did try it on with almost every woman he met - but he did nothing to those that said no.

It then starts to cast doubts on the word of the woman he did allegedly rape.

If he is guilt of rape then fine he is guilty of rape - whether he made advances at 'insert successful movie star here' or not has no relevance on the case.
                  You may (or may not) have been trying to make that point, but you stated:

but that does not mean he raped every woman he made advances towards.
                  This is an outrageous strawman. Nobody has claimed that, and given your posting history, it stinks of an embittered white man alt-right posture, designed to undermine societal trends to combat sexual violence against women (which presumably you see as part of a Feminazi conspiracy against men).

Comment

Well the quote is

She said no....

He's not just politely suggested they go to his room though has he. He's touched her, the manner of which is not clear. From the information we have that could range from relatively innocuous hand on the shoulder to something that is overtly aggressive and/or sexual.

The devil is in the details but clearly the implication is that the touching was not appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      I thought the comparison was between Brad Pitt and the BBC hierarchy that were deliberately ‘blind’ to Saville.

Yes, the comparison is that it appears someone has been committing crimes in the form of abuse and 'many' individuals within a definable entity (Hollywood in this case) knew about it and did relatively **** all to get it stopped.

Allegedly.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X