• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Done Brad Pitt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Done Brad Pitt

linky

ANGELINA Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have claimed *Harvey Weinstein targeted them — as the floodgates opened last night on the disgraced movie mogul.

The superstars came forward as the Oscar-winning *producer, 65, was also accused of raping three women in explosive new allegations which rocked Hollywood.
    Gwyneth, 45, claimed Weinstein tried it on with her after hiring her as a 22- year-old for the lead in Jane Austen adaptation Emma.

She told how he summ*oned her to his Beverly Hills ho*tel suite for a meeting be*fore filming began.

Gwyneth said he placed his hands on her and suggested they head to the bedroom for massages.

The “petrified” star re*f*used and said the in*c*ident shattered her “Uncle Harvey” im*age of the mogul.     She said she told her then-lover Brad Pitt, with her right, who confronted the div*orced dad of five at a theatre and told him to leave her alone.

The film boss later rang and “screamed” at her down the phone. She said: “It was brutal. I was expected to keep the secret.” She went on to win a 1999 Os*car for Shakespeare in Love — produced by Weinstein.

Angelina, 42, said she had a “bad experience” with the producer while at a junket for his film Playing by Heart in 1998. He was said to have made an “unwanted advance” and Angelina ne*ver worked with him again.
    A minority of these guys do listen when another guy threatens to break them.

Oh and his wife is leaving taking the children but I don't know about the dog.

For all those who think he's innocent there is a recording of him linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Not gonna lie, getting a big dose of schadenfreude from watching this prick fall.

Particularly enjoyed his pathetic and grovelling e-mail to everyone where he all but admits it (Says he wants to go to therapy) and requests a hand retaining his company. **** him and the horse he rode in on.

Comment

apparently this has been an open secret for years in Hollywood, Weinstein is just the tip of the iceberg

Rose McGowan makes an interesting follow on twitter and I saw Terry Crews yesterday claim that he was groped by a Hollywood exec too (brave man)

Comment

Yes, well done Brad, for helping keep it all secret.

Feels like another Jimmy Saville level of cover up, where some scumbag (allegedly ) abuses his position, though the casting couch is nothing new, and neither is women using their body to get ahead.

The line is obviously drawn where it's non-consensual, but then how many of the victims felt they had no choice if they wanted to fulfil their dreams. A moral dilemma for the fame seeking wannabes. There will always be predators looking for those easy targets.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Feels like another Jimmy Saville level of cover up, where some scumbag (allegedly ) abuses his position, though the casting couch is nothing new, and neither is women having to use their body to get ahead.

The line is obviously drawn where it's non-consensual, but then how many of the victims felt they had no choice if they wanted to fulfil their dreams. A moral dilemma for the fame seeking wannabes. There will always be predators looking for those easy targets.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            FTFY
            Nope. Mostly they have a choice and decide it's a price worth paying, and some use it as a shortcut, or see it as exploiting a male weakness.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Feels like another Jimmy Saville level of cover up, where some scumbag (allegedly ) abuses his position, though the casting couch is nothing new, and neither is women using their body to get ahead.

There’s an enormous gap between what Saville did vs. the casting couch. For a start Saville was a kiddy-fiddler, and abused victims in borstals who were essentially captive slaves.

They are not morally equivalent, or even close.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Think comparison hbs is making is about abuse of power rather than equivalence of offence.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm not totally au fait with this story but I was reading about a sexual harrassment (or was it assault?) case involving the ex-head of MI5.

Apparently he's attended a dinner party and placed his hand on the knee of the woman sitting to his right.

That was it.

I mean, yes it's an invasion of privacy and he deserved a slap across the cheek but sexual assault? Prosecution? Really?

I worry about my old Uncle Alfred with the wandering hands and can't help feeling we should be preventing him from attending any further family functions for fear he may squeeze the derriere of the wron sort of gal...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Think comparison hbs is making is about abuse of power rather than equivalence of offence.
                    I thought the comparison was between Brad Pitt and the BBC hierarchy that were deliberately ‘blind’ to Saville.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X