• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blade Runner 2049

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It works standalone, but a refresher would probably be good. There's also some Blade Runner shorts which some people recommend watching first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMP1YpQSGhQ
    Or just go straight to the Mash.

IF you’re one of the silent majority who could not be arsed to watch the first one and sure as tulip will not be shelling out cinema prices to see this one, you need not feel excluded.

Just follow these simple tips to steer Blade Runner chat in the right direction.

The sequels debate
    When you find yourself being sucked in to a Blade Runner conversation, try to redirect the topic to the big picture with a question about whether the sequel was really necessary. This will inevitably lead to the safe territory of ‘best sequels ever’, which may continue for several hours.

Nod. A lot.
    Remember, the Blade Runner bores don’t want to hear your opinions, they want to share their own and show how clever they are. Affirmative head motions and noises will give them the validation they need while you use the time to think about what to make for dinner later.

‘So do you think he was he a replicant?’
    If you need to chuck in a reference, simply use this question, word for word – then watch them go off on one debating the various positions taken by Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott. Likewise, the question ‘Which version of the original do you prefer?’ will serve the same purpose.

Shag Marry Kill Jared Leto, Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford
    The dystopian diatribes can be hard going for everyone, so don’t be afraid to lighten the atmosphere with a game of Shag, Marry, Kill with the film’s stars. And then walk quickly away from anyone who says anything other than kill Leto.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I have but a long time ago. I just wondered if a refresher would help if it's a carry on... Or is it a standalone film based on the original?

Thought as much. This just confirms to me that you have no place calling yourself an IT Contractor. Would your accountant to explain the plot of Star Wars to you again?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You have to watch all 2048 prequels or it won't make any sense.
        Especially the workprint.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I've only seen the first one. I'm not sure I have time to catch up on the other 2047 in the series before this one.
          KUATB

You have to watch all 2048 prequels or it won't make any sense.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            KUATB
            To be fair, I nicked the joke from SiMac.

Comment

To be fair, I nicked the joke from SiMac.
              It was a joke?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think that was played via the 'executive coach' VHS facility on a 5th form ski trip, but i was trying to cop off with some bird so didn't pay it much attention. So, meh.

Comment

Almost 3 hours long. I want to see it but its a long time in the cinema......
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Almost 3 hours long. I want to see it but its a long time in the cinema......
                    I'd expect you to moan about anything and everything but I must admit I didn't see this one coming....
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'd expect you to moan about anything and everything but I must admit I didn't see this one coming....
                      Yes, there have only been two movies. It's not like that Alien Gimp Slave franchise you worked on.

Comment

Working...
                      X