• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Unicyclists here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Unicyclists here?

Seriously considering trying this as a new hobby. Any recommendations?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Good thinking. As part of Korbyn's fair taxation system, I expect all bikes with more than one wheel will be subject to a punitive levy.

Comment

From the twats* I've seen riding them in 'town' I think you're only allowed to ride them if you're a fully paid up hipster.

* If you think that knob-head that killed that woman by riding a bike without brakes was self-righteous on right of way and not needing a bell, these are on a whole different level.

Though when they eventually implement Death Race, these will be worth a good chunk of points, almost as much as an old granny crossing the road.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

we have one in the garage, but nobody's had the patience and persistence to master it yet

Rick.

Comment

by the way, how is Comrade Corbyn doing and when is he going to sweep into power and sort out the right mess the tories have created

Eric.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            From the twats* I've seen riding them in 'town' I think you're only allowed to ride them if you're a fully paid up hipster.

* If you think that knob-head that killed that woman by riding a bike without brakes was self-righteous on right of way and not needing a bell, these are on a whole different level.
            As a method of transport they're a really stupid idea.

As a method of showing everyone what a twat you are, they're perfect.
            Sort of reminds me of the hippies in the late 80s/early 90s who spent 2 hours learning to juggle then tried to use it to earn enough cash to score a 'teenth. It was better when they used knives or fire as there was a chance of witnessing a serious injury though.

As something to do, as a hobby, in your garden, and don't enforce anyone else to watch it looks like fun.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Unicyclists should only be allowed in public if they can also juggle at the same time. Free entertainment for the kids. Not like they've got anything else to do with their hands.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

i was a unicyclist occasionally, when i was younger and grabbed more handfuls than i do now.
                oh, and rode crazier bikes.

Comment

That's a good point. You can be done for pulling a wheelie yet not for riding a one wheeled bike.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Any Unicyclists here?
                    Yes, out of necessity....

Comment

Working...
                    X