• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

world faces antibiotic apocalypse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS

What we need is a good Nuclear Holocaust, followed by a pandemic of diseases and then alien invasion. Only then when AtW is the last man on earth and Sue Ellen is the last women, will he understand that when shes ' I wouldn't touch you if you were the last man on earth', will he get the message.
    Luckily I have a fecked immune system so I will be one of the first to go. (Hopefully my death will not be painful...)

Mudskipper is far healthier and much fitter than AtW but he will only see her bum cycl ng off into the distance. She will then realise all that cycling training wasn't for nothing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Luckily I have a fecked immune system so I will be one of the first to go. (Hopefully my death will not be painful...)

Mudskipper is far healthier and much fitter than AtW but he will only see her bum cycl ng off into the distance. She will then realise all that cycling training wasn't for nothing.
      Bitchy!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

L2B. 56 miles of cycling behind MS.

Comment

The good die young. Its why I am so old.

Comment

It's the fault of the lowly educated people such as Brexiteers that keep demanding antibiotics for virus infections such as flu or a common cold and their doctors for giving them a prescription for it

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              What we need is a good Nuclear Holocaust, followed by a pandemic of diseases and then alien invasion. Only then when AtW is the last man on earth and Sue Ellen is the last women, will he understand that when shes ' I wouldn't touch you if you were the last man on earth', will he get the message.
              I'll take my chances

Comment

I'll ask her to give me a lift...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  It's the fault of the lowly educated people such as Brexiteers that keep demanding antibiotics for virus infections such as flu or a common cold and their doctors for giving them a prescription for it
                  I was listening on t'wireless a while back that where a patient is refused them from their doctor can simply go and buy them on t'interwebs.

There was a guy who used to present on antiques roadshow and he was in hospital for 9 months after an op (normally is three for recovery) as his body couldn't fight off infection as he'd had so many ab's.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Some similar news this morning about the coming flu epidemic:

An evaluation of last year’s programme, seen by The Daily Telegraph, shows pensioners who had the jab fared no better than those who did not. Protection rates were far higher among children, with 66 per cent protection, the figures show. This year’s vaccine is similar to last year’s, which failed to effectively counter strains like those which have recently proved virulent in Australia.
                    NHS 'more scared than ever', amid fears flu jab may not protect the old 

Another in my notes:

Most cancer drugs given a European medical licence do nothing to extend or improve the lives of patients, a study has concluded.
                    Researchers found this was true of 57 per cent of treatments approved by the European Medicines Agency between 2009 and 2013.
                    The costly cancer drugs that don't help patients | Daily Mail Online

We need to go back to the good old days of using occult practices.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What I don't get, given all these tales about resistant microbes. Why does good old penicillin still work?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X