• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

world faces antibiotic apocalypse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Meanwhile, back to the OP, this is what has lingered with me this year...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...a-val-mcdermid
    We only get resistant to antibiotics if the doctor prescribes them for every disease and that makes the doctors stupid. Antibiotics as far I as know should be only prescribed for the bacterial infections.

How many times have we had bacterial infections in our life?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      We only get resistant to antibiotics if the doctor prescribes them for every disease and that makes the doctors stupid. Antibiotics as far I as know should be only prescribed for the bacterial infections.

Antibiotics are in the food chain (particularly pigs and chickens) and in the oceans as ‘preventative’ solutions - doctors are part of the problem, not the whole problem.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

try doing a little research, I left you a few links.

You are talking rubbish.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          ...blah blah...
          Touchy little fellows these <insert epithet here>, aren't they.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Antibiotics are in the food chain (particularly pigs and chickens) and in the oceans as ‘preventative’ solutions - doctors are part of the problem, not the whole problem.
            Yes, you are correct I didn't read the article until the end.

Comment

Yes, you are correct I didn't read the article until the end.
              #ruinedbybee
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Oh Dear, I lost again .
                FTFY

I don't call people bigots without reason like you
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Actually I have had it twice in a year about five years ago. It strikes like a thunderbolt. I ignored it the first time just thinking it was just a mosquito bite... spent two weeks on my back. It ain’t fun.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    FTFY
                    Not really. Sometimes it's just pleasant to stop banging your head against a brick wall. It seems too many posters here are incapable of grasping... well, anything very much.

I don't call people bigots without reason like you
                    "Immigration is the cause of multi drug resistant infections". Yep, that's not bigotted, parochial and ill-informed at all.

If it walks like a bigot and talks like a bigot, there's a high chance that it's a bigot. If you don't want to be called a bigot, don't behave like one. It is interesting how as soon as the B word is mentioned, certain individuals creep out from under their stones to cry loudly about political correctness, or to leap to the defence of others of their ilk (without bothering to grasp the context of the thread).
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lots.

And some antibiotics prescribed are creams and drops.

You are making the mistake of presuming everyone is the same.

And ignoring the biggest factors in antibiotic resistance. Are you aware that dogs, cats and other pets are frequently given antibiotics by vets which doctor s aren't allowed to routinely give to humans?
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 16 October 2017, 04:59.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X