• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart Ventures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poorautojobber View Post
    HMRC won't do anything about them only option is to report them for force advertising. HMRC have forced people away from generally sound tax advice and into cowboys like this disgraceful really.
    Not even that will help - I've complained to the ASA a number of times and each time get told that they have asked HMRC and there is nothing wrong with promising the returns because until they are found to be illegal, they could be legal and possible to get those kind of returns.

Even pushing with a basic question of how that is possible given NI and PAYE rates, or corporation tax rates, both ASA and HMRC say there is nothing they can do to stop the adverts.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by WilC View Post
      Thanks for advices everyone, there is no forced advertising, no encouraging others, no fool, I'm just asking, if U don't ask u don't know, I'm a contractor using compliant umbrella too. Thx anyway
      With a base income tax rate of 20%, how do you expect any organisation to pay you 80% after deducting their fees, much less 85%? Actually it's very easy: in effect they deduct their cut then send you the remainder after feeding you some fluff about their inventive payment scheme/ deferred loan/ magic bean factory. You don't realise that it's not had the proper amount of tax deducted so you spend it. Then, one-to six years later HMRC does their usual audit and send you a 5-6 figure tax demand. And your payroll umbrella has vanished...

We're not speculating, it's been happening and many people have been badly impacted. But it's your money, your tax bill and your risk.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'm a contractor using compliant umbrella too. Thx anyway
        Out of interest: How have you quantified this part?

Comment

Hi has anyone heard of Smart Ventures? They are not the umbrella company but to hook u up with their associated umbrella companies to run their "legal" scheme that they claim they can help contractor to take hone 80 to 85% with nothing illegal tricks.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much
          All these companies do is scam.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            All these companies do is scam.
            Nah, they've a QC opinion that what they do is legal...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Nah, they've a QC opinion that what they do is legal...
              Not true. They don't publish those paid for opinions: it is possible that being paid for they are also what the client wants to hear. Or, equally, they are that the scheme isn't actually legal...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have not heard of Smart Ventures. Scam Ventures. Illegal Ventures. Bankruptcy Ventures. But not Smart Ventures.

Comment

Hi has anyone heard of Smart Ventures? They are not the umbrella company but to hook u up with their associated umbrella companies to run their "legal" scheme that they claim they can help contractor to take hone 80 to 85% with nothing illegal tricks.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much
                  Would you go onto a home improvement forum and ask whether you should let a cut-price cowboy rewire your house? And then say you want to know if anyone has any experience of this rather than just saying all these companies do is burn your house down if possible thanks very much?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have not heard of Smart Ventures. Scam Ventures. Illegal Ventures. Bankruptcy Ventures. But not Smart Ventures.
                    Their real name is Smarting Ventures.

They have a hidden logo that only becomes visible years down the line when HMRC wake up:
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Their real name is Smarting Ventures.

They have a hidden logo that only becomes visible years down the line when HMRC wake up:
                      Is that Smarting as in the feeling you get after a kicking?

Comment

Working...
                      X