• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart Ventures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that Smarting as in the feeling you get after a kicking?
    I was thinking more along the lines of HMRC pulling your pants down and not providing any lube. The Smarting Ventures hidden logo has a double meaning.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Would you go onto a home improvement forum and ask whether you should let a cut-price cowboy rewire your house? And then say you want to know if anyone has any experience of this rather than just saying all these companies do is burn your house down if possible thanks very much?
      I would go on a home improvement forum and ask if any locals use a builder recommended to me yes nothing wrong with that, certainly there are a lot of people think they are very smart to give funny comments when new guys ask questions here, go luck to those nice ppl here giving genuine comments and advises, won’t be back and those think they don’t care I don’t either, life too short to deal with unfriendly people

Comment

Smart Ventures

Originally posted by WilC View Post
        I would go on a home improvement forum and ask if any locals use a builder recommended to me yes nothing wrong with that, certainly there are a lot of people think they are very smart to give funny comments when new guys ask questions here, go luck to those nice ppl here giving genuine comments and advises, won’t be back and those think they don’t care I don’t either, life too short to deal with unfriendly people
        The advice given is true. Any company offering 80%+ take home is doing something dodgy/illegal and when HMRC catch up with the contractors who got sucked into their scheme, it will be the contractors who have to pay.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The advice given is true. Any company offering 80%+ take home is doing something dodgy/illegal and when HMRC catch up with the contractors who got sucked into their scheme, it will be the contractors who have to pay.
          Other than warning someone off and then mocking that someone, what else is there to say?

Comment

The company you mentioned was set up earlier this year:
            https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10711119

The directorship has changed hands several times since it was set up.
            The company cannot be found when searching for it on the internet (apart from via companies house)
            They haven’t registered a domain name.

Can you provide a link to their website, or tell us how you heard of them, because they are doing no marketing/advertising.

Comment

The company cannot be found when searching for it on the internet (apart from via companies house)

Can you provide a link to their website, or tell us how you heard of them, because they are doing no marketing/advertising.
              I had a call from them on Wednesday but it didn't register on my phone as I didn't have a reception at the time. They left a message pretty much saying they could set me up to take home 80-86% of my company earnings and they can work with your current accountant if required.

I deleted the message without taking too much notice of the details like her name, contact number, etc. or I could have posted them here.

Comment

(New here) I have been contacted and aggressively pushed towards using their dare I say it ‘Tax efficient’ solution via trust account and expenses, they explained it as a reverse pension, anyway as I got burnt 2012-13 using Darwin (yes I know, lucky only a month at the end of the tax year) I told them I wasn’t interested, still didn’t stop them emailing a projection and repeated phone calls..

Comment

Extra Info

well they have been talking to me for a few weeks, but i haven't had a chance to concentrate on what they were really talking about..Until i told a colleague about this scheme...and he laughed out loud...saying "86%?? who pays the taxman??" thats when I started to suspect this was a scam.. then I did some research...online.. and BAM the penny has dropped!!

I got another email from them today:

Client Services - Brad
                  Email <mod snip>

Watch out.. Dont get stung!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up madebisi
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They have a website now!

And their address... it's got 25,436 other companies addressed there too.
                      Their website was developed/registered in...
                      Registrant's address: Birkirkara, Malta

Now, why is Malta getting mentioned on these forums?

Oh yes...
                      https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/56022287

Comment

Working...
                      X