• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation now at 3% and rising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    ...gives you the need to non-stop mention that you have a timeshare in Portugal and have maxed out your ISA allowance, or wherever you stash your incredible wealth.
    When have I ever claimed that I have a timeshare in Portugal and maxed out my ISA?
    I'm not a chav you know.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Schadenfreude works perfectly well remotely.
      Nah you've got to see the miserable expression on the peasants faces when you drive past them
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Or if there is crash, buy a massive penthouse overlooking the Thames. ...
        .. this crash being the impact of a ten mile-wide meteorite in the Atlantic, which only you (and the penthouse) miraculously survive.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Schadenfreude works perfectly well remotely.
          Even when you don't know how to spell it correctly, as is the case with sas obviously.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

And that ladies and gentlemen, is what we are dealing with.
            Or at least it might be, if one assumed that all 17.4 million people that voted Leave were somehow cloned.

But as they were not, your point is fairly weak.

But thanks for getting involved in the debate. Until your vacuous contribution, aside from sas and scooter, the lower rungs of the intellectual ladder were being poorly represented.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              When have I ever claimed that I have a timeshare in Portugal and maxed out my ISA?
              I'm not a chav you know.
              No, you'd need a personality to be classed in that league...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yep, the irony is laughable really. There's a super hardcore brexiteer in the office here who is currently saying how fantastic it is that house prices are falling, interest is going up and how he was going to get a better house right at the end of the market crashing and that his ISA would get a better rate as a result of extra interest.

... What he failed to realise was that his house would also, in turn, be worth less. (or worthless, depending on how you look at it).

Same person also sports a hatred of Tony Blair - I was curious to why and the only two things he could verbalise were the Iraq war and the IRA amnesty...

And that ladies and gentlemen, is what we are dealing with.
                This chap sports a remarkable lack of imagination, in that he could only think of two. The only single solitary positive thing Gordon Brown ever did for this country was to hinder Bliar's determination to adopt the Euro. You may wish to consider the fact that Bliar is almost singularly responsible for Brexit, since it was he who opened our doors when the rest of Europe was being a bit more bureaucratic. There's two more for now, and we can get started on the hypocrisy later if you want some more.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  This chap sports a remarkable lack of imagination, in that he could only think of two. The only single solitary positive thing Gordon Brown ever did for this country was to hinder Bliar's determination to adopt the Euro. You may wish to consider the fact that Bliar is almost singularly responsible for Brexit, since it was he who opened our doors when the rest of Europe was being a bit more bureaucratic. There's two more for now, and we can get started on the hypocrisy later if you want some more.
                  Not saying I'm a Blair lover, I was too young to give a tulip about politics back then; just demonstrating said persons complete lack of thought.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

your point is fairly weak. But thanks for getting involved in the debate. Until your vacuous contribution, aside from sas and scooter, the lower rungs of the intellectual ladder were being poorly represented.

You're welcome - always glad to add absolutely no value whatsoever to a thread

Of the large number of people that did vote though I wouldn't put it past at least 20% being of a similar ilk to this man. Just like I wouldn't put it past students to steal all the postal votes in their dorms and then fill them all in for remain - swings and roundabouts.

Comment

You're welcome - always glad to add absolutely no value whatsoever to a thread
                      Just be careful with that, sas doesn't like anyone treading on his toes!

Comment

Working...
                      X