• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK growth to slump to 1% next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK growth to slump to 1% next year

I would like to stress that I believe firmly that if growth does slump next year and the UK slips into a perma-recession that this will have nothing to do with Brexit.

UK growth to slump to 1%

This is not a Brexit thread, I'm merely pointing out that there is a slump on the way.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I would like to stress that I believe firmly that if growth does slump next year and the UK slips into a perma-recession that this will have nothing to do with Brexit.

UK growth to slump to 1%

This is not a Brexit thread, I'm merely pointing out that there is a slump on the way.
    Even the OECD has taken to mocking elderly Brexiteers. It's very unkind.

Britain should engage its 'Blitz spirit' for the Brexit process and “stay calm and carry on” despite challenges ahead, a leading economist has said.

Angel Gurria, secretary general of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), said there was a “bumpy road ahead” but urged Britain to remember Winston Churchill and government efforts to raise morale during the Second World War.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

That is quite good.

It's ironic that most Brexiters on here think that Trump is a reason for them to laugh at the US
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

FFS - I hope there won't be queues fo bread

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

That is quite good.

It's ironic that most Brexiters on here think that Trump is a reason for them to laugh at the US
          They see Trump as part of the great global revolt against metropolitan fact-based reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            They see Trump as part of the great global revolt against metropolitan fact-based reasoning.
            "It'll be like the Blitz, without the bombs"

Classic.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              "It'll be like the Blitz, without the bombs"

Classic.
              And instead of evacuating children to the countryside and gold to Canada, it will be productive people to the EU. I can see an Ed Sheeran / Vera Lynn duet lining up.

Comment

2017-10-17 OECD Received £85 Million From EU
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

How unusual, never happens. Oh, hold on a minute.

Comment

They're all ganging up against you. It's like Dunkirk all over again!

Comment

Working...
                    X