• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm a Pluviophile!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Thinking I've run out of fags when miles from the shops or these are all closed or I'm over the limit to drive, but then finding a full packet

But then for a smoker that isn't the least bit strange or unusual, more like a junkie finding a large bag of heroin they'd forgotten they had
    Saves you from wrapping up all the dog ends in a rizla.

I've even retrieved sodden fag ends from the rubbish bin when I've been really desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

AKA watching the dreams of Brexiteers crumble.
      You'll be waiting a while for that, love...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You'll be waiting a while for that, love...
        Even better if you are too thick to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Even better if you are too thick to notice.
          When an idiot thinks you're an idiot...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            NoW you are talking! Wasn't it good to say something nice.
            And Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Thinking I've run out of fags when miles from the shops or these are all closed or I'm over the limit to drive, but then finding a full packet

But then for a smoker that isn't the least bit strange or unusual, more like a junkie finding a large bag of heroin they'd forgotten they had
              Lucky we still have fag machines on every street corner here (and can smoke in the pub too!)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Lucky we still have fag machines on every street corner here (and can smoke in the pub too!)
                In breach of EU directives most likely. Good job the Germans think the EU bureaucrats are a bunch of useless w@nkers and best ignored...

Comment

In breach of EU directives most likely. Good job the Germans think the EU bureaucrats are a bunch of useless w@nkers and best ignored...
                  You mean the German parliament is choosing which directives to implement in their country and how to do that?
                  But how could they? The Leave camp told the UK that was impossible, that the UK had to do exactly what the EU told us to do. Maybe it was just that the UK politicians and civil servants were too useless to work that one out and chose to blame others.
                  Blaming others for your own failings, neglecting responsibility and refusing to use common sense are signs of leave snowflakes.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Which directive is this?

Comment

This thread has died a sad death.

This is why we can't have nice forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X