• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Is there anything to stop anyone getting on a stage and playing what they want?

IIRC Rutherford co-wrote all the songs on the LP & there's no acrimony between him & the rest of the band so I can't see any objections, contractual or otherwise.
    Yeah, I guess. Just never thought about it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Yeah, I guess. Just never thought about it
      I'm afraid that Genesis are not likely to play live again, at least not with Phil Collins, and a Collins-less Genesis is as unthinkable as a Johnson-less AC/DC.

Comment

I'm afraid that Genesis are not likely to play live again, at least not with Phil Collins,
        Not sure about that. I believe Phil Collins is still touring and has a few UK gigs planned next month.

As for Mike and the Mechanics, I went to see them this March and they were pretty good. Don't recall them doing much "Genesis" other than Land of Confusion and We Can't Dance.

As for me, I am off to see Depeche Mode again next month.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Phil can't quite hit the notes any more though

I really wanted to see Placebo on their 20th anniversary tour. Missed it, sadly.

I don't really do gigs as I can't stand the crowds

Comment

IIRC Rutherford co-wrote all the songs on the LP & there's no acrimony between him & the rest of the band so I can't see any objections, contractual or otherwise.

Must be possible, both Gallagher brothers have been singing the Oasis hit Don't Look Back In Anger recently, and they're definitely maybe in the acrimonious camp.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Only requires permission from songs writer. No Royalties involved either as they as on the original recording.

Comment

Planning my 2018 gigging calendar & I was wondering how much truth there is in this - Fleetwood Mac to Reform for Tour.

Would certainly make up for Mike & the Mechanics not including any UK dates on their 2018 tour; disappointing as they apparently play the whole of Invisible Touch on this tour.

Anyone got any big concerts planned?
                M&TM played all over the UK earlier this year.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Rutherford is/was an avid collector and player of Shergold double-necks, double-necks guarenteed to make any musician look a prat....

Comment

I'm afraid that Genesis are not likely to play live again, at least not with Phil Collins, and a Collins-less Genesis is as unthinkable as a Johnson-less AC/DC.
                    I think I just heard Bonn Scott spinning in his grave.

Comment

Invisible Touch was written jointly by all members of Genesis at the time. Whilst I doubt there would be any issues with M&TM playing any tracks, I would be surprised if they played more than a couple.

Off to see Alice Cooper in Glasgow and then London in November and then Queen (with Adam Lambert) in December
                      We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Working...
                      X