• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smacking to be outlawed in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He is looking for attention. Try giving him some.

Or remove his favourite toy if bad. Or naughty step.

Slapping is the least effective punishment.
    Exactly. To be clear, what is happening is that the defence of lawful correction or chastisement of a child is being removed as a defence against assault, as was the case with the defence of lawful correction or chastisement of a wife in 1891.

If anyone thinks that assault should be legal in certain circumstances, because the victim is a child, they could go and live in a Sharia Law jurisdiction, which they may find more to their liking.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

If anyone thinks that assault should be legal in certain circumstances, because the victim is a child, they could go and live in a Sharia Law jurisdiction, which they may find more to their liking.
      Racist

HTH

SueEllen

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ed-in-scotland

So what drug are we supposed to use to keep them under control?
        Ketamine works a treat and is apparently easy to get hold of if you hang around by the staff entrance to some hospitals

(so I heard from a friend)

Comment

It's only children that your banned from smacking, you can still give Sturgeon a slap
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ed-in-scotland

So what drug are we supposed to use to keep them under control?
            Try these:

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ketamine works a treat and is apparently easy to get hold of if you hang around by the staff entrance to some hospitals

(so I heard from a friend)
              I thought you just gave them old fashioned gripe water and they would fall over...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What aboot wee Malkies, they ok?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  What aboot wee Malkies, they ok?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I thought you just gave them old fashioned gripe water and they would fall over...
                    That's a gateway drug. Worked for previous generations but times they are a changin'

Comment

Wales smacking ban plan goes to public consultation - BBC News

Seems like the sheep shaggers are the next to go for it, although apparently you will still be able to smack kids but you'll have to pay 5p a time or alternatively pay 10p and get a smack for life.

(Shamelessly stolen from Pondlife)
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X