• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smacking to be outlawed in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Wales smacking ban plan goes to public consultation - BBC News

Seems like the sheep shaggers are the next to go for it, although apparently you will still be able to smack kids but you'll have to pay 5p a time or alternatively pay 10p and get a smack for life.

(Shamelessly stolen from Pondlife)
    Probably a good idea for Wales. They are not all like PC you know. There are quite a few low-lifes whose idea of a career is to knock out a few kids so the can live off the state. I have heard that 5% of Welsh children have special needs. Most of those resort to smacking quickly. Even though it is an ineffective punishment.

As long as sheep shagging is not banned.....

Comment

You can jailed for smacking your child here in Deutschland.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        You can jailed for smacking your child here in Deutschland be.
        FTFY
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seriously - mein kofp ist becoming mixed up and then some. Unable to utter a coherent er you know a...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            You can jailed for smacking your child here in Deutschland.
            Is gassing Jews still ok?

Comment

Taking away the iPad is the modern smacking. It probably works as effectively - anything kids value as valuable gives you leverage when you can take it away.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Is gassing Jews still ok?
                Nope. They moved on to the next innocent victims. Is it Muslims now?

Hopefully it will be UKers resident in Germany soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Slapping is the least effective punishment.
                  I'd like to know what scientific studies have proven this. When I was growing up, although I was never especially naughty, I did get smacked on the odd occasion (not hard enough to bruise or anything, but it was physical contact) and I can tell you for sure I didn't repeat my misbehaviour.

I get that some parents don't know how to control their anger, and obviously if you're beating your child or hitting hard enough to leave bruises then that's not okay, but I will never be persuaded that you can always just talk/coerce kids in to understanding what's right or wrong. Judging from the behaviour of most kids these days, a few more smackings wouldn't go amiss...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Taking away the iPad is the modern smacking. It probably works as effectively - anything kids value as valuable gives you leverage when you can take it away.
                    It is far more effective. Just pick their most valuable thing and remove it. When they are younger it is your attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X