• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying out of handcuffs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    you entered into the dungeon pay as much as you want it to hurt

Milan.
    I wonder if that's an inverse rule? Low cost = high pain, high cost = make it stop?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I wonder if that's an inverse rule? Low cost = high pain, high cost = make it stop?
      might be, I was wondering, pain can be physical, financial, psychological and others

if you enter the dungeon, you are implicitly entering into a transaction and contract where the product or service being delivered and procured is pain

how that pain is delivered and manifested is beyond your control once you have entered the dungeon

so if the dungeon master slaps you with something financially painful, well you asked for it, that's why you're there in the dungeon

Milan.

Comment

might be, I was wondering, pain can be physical, financial, psychological and others

if you enter the dungeon, you are implicitly entering into a transaction and contract where the product or service being delivered and procured is pain

how that pain is delivered and manifested is beyond your control once you have entered the dungeon

so if the dungeon master slaps you with something financially painful, well you asked for it, that's why you're there in the dungeon

Milan.
        Brillo's safe phrase is 'I do'. You'd think he could remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Brillo's safe phrase is 'I do'. You'd think he could remember that.

what is the "safe phrase" for Article 50 ?

Milan.

Comment

"no deal"

Comment

what is the "safe phrase" for Article 50 ?

Milan.
              'Nanny is here'

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                "no deal"

precisely and ouch that's the most painful option isn't it, no deal will actually be more expensive than the leaving bill

but that's why we're in the dungeon isn't it, we came here for pain and now we're getting what we wanted

Brillo,

great analogy

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  'Nanny is here'
                  that'll be Rees-Mogg's safe phrase

Milan.

Comment

that'll be Rees-Mogg's safe phrase

Milan.
                    Jacob is the spiritual leader of Brexit - Rosenberg to Farage's Goebbels.

Comment

Working...
                    X