• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psychometric tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    A load of tulipe. I did a maths reasoning one for a permie job, failed it and they offered it me anyway. Went on to get promoted 3 times in as many years, so that was very indicative of my performance wasn't it...
    Perhaps you failed the maths reasoning test with a higher score than the other staff, as it seems failing was not a barrier to employment? Therefore, you could have been the best of a bunch of maths reasoning failures.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Perhaps you failed the maths reasoning test with a higher score than the other staff, as it seems failing was not a barrier to employment? Therefore, you could have been the best of a bunch of maths reasoning failures.
      It does kind of make sense, given that a majority of the British adult population failed the last large-scale reasoning test.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        It does kind of make sense, given that a majority of the British adult population failed the last large-scale reasoning test.
        Coffee time...

Comment

Coffee time...
          I've had far too much already.

Comment

I wish that were the case, but I'm just truly awful at mental maths.

Comment

Comment

I took one of these fairly recently:

https://www.thomasinternational.net/.../Psychometric/

Amazing accurate results, the output is a report that covers your personality type and where you fit into a team.

Big companies are using this to balance teams, so it's not all alpha male types, or wet as a weekend nerds.

Not really sure it should be applied to contractors though, has a very permie feel about it.

PS I did this test https://www.thomasinternational.net/...-we-offer/PPA/, not IQ or reasoning tests, they don't measure intelligence, thankfully
                Last edited by _V_; 21 October 2017, 10:22.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  I took one of these fairly recently:

https://www.thomasinternational.net/.../Psychometric/

Amazing accurate results, the output is a report that covers your personality type and where you fit into a team.

Big companies are using this to balance teams, so it's not all alpha male types, or wet as a weekend nerds.

Not really sure it should be applied to contractors though, has a very permie feel about it.

PS I did this test https://www.thomasinternational.net/...-we-offer/PPA/, not IQ or reasoning tests, they don't measure intelligence, thankfully
                  WTF is going on with the pre-filled in info on that form?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    WTF is going on with the pre-filled in info on that form?
                    It's part of the test.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      On the contrary, the majority passed. However, the whining minority are still noisily working through their issues.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X