• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racing Circuit Simulators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    AND get a ******* VR headset. Do we not have any bloody early adopters on this website.
    I am tempted but.......

400 quid....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I am tempted but.......

400 quid....
      That is a days pay! For your butler.

Comment

Not very realist if there are no consequences if you crash.

Probably needs someone standing behind you with a cricket bat just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          That is a days pay! For your butler.
          Indeed but it will just become a load of plastic junk the butler has to dust around.

Comment

I am tempted but.......

400 quid....

Get a Google Cardboard one for a tenner, or less if you don't want to pay the brand tax.

Apple will have them queued around the block for a grand jobbie when they've left it long enough for people to think they invented it.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Indeed but it will just become a load of plastic junk the butler has to dust around.
              Your butler does the dusting? Don’t you have a “lady that does”?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Your butler does the dusting? Don’t you have a “lady that does”?
                Indeed I do but I don't want her to waste her time dusting.

😉

Comment

Yet another thread that's deteriorated to talking about Brexit....err sorry....butlers.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Did someone mention racing....?

I have a serious sim at home, and if you know what you are doing it can really help with your driving, but you have to take it seriously - no point in going out and smashing the car up every lap. To learn the track it's fine but real life always feels very different.

So, is it worth it? Depends how serious you are about racing. Can you put it through the biz? You know the answer to that already...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    At one of our monthly petrolheads meet ups last night we were discussing track days. One of the guys said he uses racing simulation games on his PC viewed through a monster telly to learn any unfamiliar circuits and that the technology is such that it's very lifelike indeed.

It transpired that he'd paid £500 for a steering wheel and set of pedals that give feedback of some sort.

I've not played any serious computer games since Doom V1 but I do have a fast graphics card and a triple screen display - I was just wondering;

a) Is it worth the money?
                    b) Can I put it through myco's books as a trackball?

Andy
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Working...
                    X