• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abolish Mondays!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abolish Mondays!

Now there's a vote winner for any political party...

I didn't get in here until 10.10 am after a 4 hour nightmare commute.

I can barely function so at 4:10 pm, after all of 6 hours in which I've done v. little, I am now going to slip (hopefully unnoticed) out the door.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I am now going to slip (hopefully unnoticed) out the door.
    You couldn't do us the same favour could you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So if no-one worked Mondays your commute hell would happen on a Tuesday instead.

Solution? Abolish commuting. Everyone works from home and the government introduce a home worker tax, because they can.

If the company insists workers have to commute and work onsite, the government introduces an onsite worker levy, because they can.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Abolish Mondays!

Comment

Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons.

It's just Industrial Disease.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now there's a vote winner for any political party...

I didn't get in here until 10.10 am after a 4 hour nightmare commute.

I can barely function so at 4:10 pm, after all of 6 hours in which I've done v. little, I am now going to slip (hopefully unnoticed) out the door.
            If you drive, why not get to your lodgings or B&B late on Sunday night, when there's next to no traffic, and breeze in to clientco as fresh as a daisy the next morning, like me?

Or instead of driving, do you have a masochistic urge to endure public cattle trucks every day?
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 October 2017, 15:53.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I like Mondays. I work from home then.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I like Mondays. I work from home then.
                Leaving more time for banning....

Comment

I only go to client co on a Monday. It was a lovely quick and quiet journey on the jubilee line thanks to school hols.

Comment

Did you know that 40% of sickies are thrown on a Monday or a Friday?

Comment

Working...
                    X