• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U.K. Economic Growth Accelerates as Crunch BOE Meeting Nears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rest of the world is booming so 0.4% growth is total sh*te.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The rest of the world is booming so 0.4% growth is total sh*te.
      UK GDP is a car crash.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        0.4%!!

That must rank pretty high in the OECD rankings.
        That's the spirit. The severe shock scenario can't be too far away.

This probably reflects our recent success in exporting traitors, saboteurs and enemies of the people, but our supply is now dwindling.

I'm sure the downturn won't be long coming. Stick in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          That's the spirit. The severe shock scenario can't be too far away.

This probably reflects our recent success in exporting traitors, saboteurs and enemies of the people, but our supply is now dwindling.

I'm sure the downturn won't be long coming. Stick in there.
          Rather depends on the nature and timing of 'the deal' doesn't it? A timely agreement of a move to an EFTA type arrangement and it should be manageable.

Comment

The predictions were never bad for EEA membership which is exactly what the transition deal is.

There will only be a downturn if and when a "Hard Brexit" becomes clear.

It's complete nonsense to suggest that the predictions were wrong having bottled out and deciding to remain within the EU for the forseeable future.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The predictions were never bad for EEA membership which is exactly what the transition deal is.

There will only be a downturn if and when a "Hard Brexit" becomes clear.

It's complete nonsense to suggest that the predictions were wrong having bottled out and deciding to remain within the EU for the forseeable future.
              One of the few competent things that the government did do post the Brexit vote was absorb some of the effects of the shock (and look at the performance of sterling if you think there was no shock), by piling on more debt. Still, it will all have to be paid off some time.

Comment

You seem to be unfamiliar with the severe shock scenario; an immediate and profound economic shock. Lying Remainers and the lies they tell?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Rather depends on the nature and timing of 'the deal' doesn't it? A timely agreement of a move to an EFTA type arrangement and it should be manageable.
                  Chin up.

Comment

You seem to be unfamiliar with the severe shock scenario; an immediate and profound economic shock. Lying Remainers and the lies they tell?
                    If there's a real Brexit, aka a hard, no deal Brexit, I expect the severe shock scenario to take place.
                    All this wishy-washy stuff (EEA, EFTA etc etc) isn't Brexit.
                    Personally I think Brexiters should get their wish and we should walk away now
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

You mean the predicted devaluation in the pound and ensuing inflation ?

No sign of that

It's abundantly clear that had David Cameron popped off to the EU and handed in article 50 as he said he would, there would have been economic armageddon, which is precisely why he didn't do it. The economic armaggedon has been kicked down the road prevented by waiting 9 months and sending letters to companies promising to "not really" leave the EU for many years.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X