U.K. Economic Growth Accelerates as Crunch BOE Meeting Nears U.K. Economic Growth Accelerates as Crunch BOE Meeting Nears - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    The rest of the world is booming so 0.4% growth is total sh*te.
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #12

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The rest of the world is booming so 0.4% growth is total sh*te.
    UK GDP is a car crash.

    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #13

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    0.4%!!

    That must rank pretty high in the OECD rankings.
    That's the spirit. The severe shock scenario can't be too far away.

    This probably reflects our recent success in exporting traitors, saboteurs and enemies of the people, but our supply is now dwindling.

    I'm sure the downturn won't be long coming. Stick in there.

  4. #14

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    That's the spirit. The severe shock scenario can't be too far away.

    This probably reflects our recent success in exporting traitors, saboteurs and enemies of the people, but our supply is now dwindling.

    I'm sure the downturn won't be long coming. Stick in there.
    Rather depends on the nature and timing of 'the deal' doesn't it? A timely agreement of a move to an EFTA type arrangement and it should be manageable.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    The predictions were never bad for EEA membership which is exactly what the transition deal is.

    There will only be a downturn if and when a "Hard Brexit" becomes clear.

    It's complete nonsense to suggest that the predictions were wrong having bottled out and deciding to remain within the EU for the forseeable future.
    I'm alright Jack

  6. #16

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The predictions were never bad for EEA membership which is exactly what the transition deal is.

    There will only be a downturn if and when a "Hard Brexit" becomes clear.

    It's complete nonsense to suggest that the predictions were wrong having bottled out and deciding to remain within the EU for the forseeable future.
    One of the few competent things that the government did do post the Brexit vote was absorb some of the effects of the shock (and look at the performance of sterling if you think there was no shock), by piling on more debt. Still, it will all have to be paid off some time.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  7. #17

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The predictions were never bad for EEA membership which is exactly what the transition deal is.
    You seem to be unfamiliar with the severe shock scenario; an immediate and profound economic shock. Lying Remainers and the lies they tell?

  8. #18

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Rather depends on the nature and timing of 'the deal' doesn't it? A timely agreement of a move to an EFTA type arrangement and it should be manageable.
    Chin up.

  9. #19

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    You seem to be unfamiliar with the severe shock scenario; an immediate and profound economic shock. Lying Remainers and the lies they tell?
    If there's a real Brexit, aka a hard, no deal Brexit, I expect the severe shock scenario to take place.
    All this wishy-washy stuff (EEA, EFTA etc etc) isn't Brexit.
    Personally I think Brexiters should get their wish and we should walk away now
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #20

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    You seem to be unfamiliar with the severe shock scenario; an immediate and profound economic shock. Lying Remainers and the lies they tell?
    You mean the predicted devaluation in the pound and ensuing inflation ?

    No sign of that



    It's abundantly clear that had David Cameron popped off to the EU and handed in article 50 as he said he would, there would have been economic armageddon, which is precisely why he didn't do it. The economic armaggedon has been kicked down the road prevented by waiting 9 months and sending letters to companies promising to "not really" leave the EU for many years.

    I'm alright Jack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •