• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best savings / ISA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Forgot that Get £50 by clicking here

Oops you won’t get anything at the moment as zopa aren’t looking for investors
    That is because AssGuru's wife has lent them her pocket change.
    Last edited by vetran; 25 October 2017, 20:40.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

On reflection with the imminent interest rates rise I will probably pay off the £40K I was going to re-invest to paying off my mortgage instead - this will give me a mortgage of just £15K, which a couple of months gigging should pay off

Comment

After you have maxed out on ISAs, simply put your money in a range of low cost index funds.
        Around 20% in higher risk funds.

Edit: I would pay off the mortgage first though, if you have one, odds are interest rates might rise.
        Last edited by sasguru; 26 October 2017, 10:13.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Coventry BS have offered good cash ISA deals over the past couple of years. Their online banking though is something out of the 80s, analogically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            After you have maxed out on ISAs, simply put your money in a range of low cost index funds.
            Around 20% in higher risk funds.

Edit: I would pay off the mortgage first though, if you have one, odds are interest rates might rise.
            Cash ISA's are a joke. If length of time before you need the money >5 years, go low cost global index funds for ALL your ISA funds. Yes, they will go up and down but I am averaging 11%/year, I don't care if I never pay off my 2.5% mortgage....

Comment

Working...
            X