nice! nice!
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: nice!

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Default nice!

https://www.politico.eu/article/sexu...ts-own-demons/

As MEPs prepare to debate sexual violence and harassment, the European Parliament’s own policies and procedures for dealing with serious allegations are coming under scrutiny.

Victims of alleged sexual violence, including rape, by Parliament staff and legislators say they face challenges to have their complaints heard and don’t trust the system that’s supposed to protect them.

Wednesday’s debate in Strasbourg comes amid widespread discussion of sexual harassment in the wake of allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, U.S. TV pundit Bill O’Reilly and others. It also shines a light on the EU institutions’ own record of dealing with harassment.

In a press statement Monday, Parliament President Antonio Tajani said the assembly has well-established procedures for tackling harassment, including an advisory committee that “has not received any formal complaints about sexual harassment.”

Yet four women who identified themselves as parliamentary staffers told POLITICO they had lodged complaints with the Parliament, including two alleged cases of rape by colleagues.

More than 30 allegations of rape, assault and harassment connected to the European Parliament have been made in the past week, from both women and men, via this confidential form posted on POLITICO’s Brussels Playbook newsletter.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Institutions are not good at dealing with senior employees (mainly men) who prey on (mainly female) colleagues. No surprises there.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

More time posting than coding

Elliegirl has more data than eek

I have always thought that sexual harassment was one of the deals that came with being a woman. But it was also nice to think that being in the West, we were making greater progress at creating environments for women to get on with the business of being women without fear of inappropriate behaviour. I pretty much put all that fluffy thinking to one side when I went to work for a high level international organisation and saw how the local women were exploited, and those who refused to provide sexual favours refused work or sacked. Some of these were women who had no other source of income to feed their kids. So it comes as no surprise to me whatever that these institutions are staffed with people who just cannot keep their hands to themselves.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

How does CUK deal with harassment cases?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How does CUK deal with harassment cases?
    Wedgies.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Wedgies.
    By cojak at the meet ups?

I must go to the next one.

Please don't tell me it is by MF.....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    By cojak at the meet ups?

I must go to the next one.

Please don't tell me it is by MF.....
    1st offence - NAT
    2nd offence - oPM's mum

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    1st offence - NAT
    2nd offence - oPM's mum
    Well with her parkinson's she does not need to do that much work.