• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor - unexpectantly pregnant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by london17 View Post
    So In this case - by the time we have the ‘talk’ next week I will be 10 weeks. Most women don’t tell people until they are 12- 14 weeks/ 2nd trimester.
    That’s appropriate [emoji64]
    Yes.

And make sure he knows he's the next to know after the father (presumably) and your mother.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by london17 View Post
      Not going to go into it but it was not planned.
      That can happen - even in your mid 30’s 😳
      Yeah i know I was just having a larf!

As for what you should do -- I always go for honesty is the best policy - then regardless of what happens your conscience is clear.

On the flip side it is apparent that when it comes to money do what you want because you can always justify it because it was for the money.

Would the hiring company be honest with you or when you ended up on the wrong side of someone's budget line would they simply cut you - e.g. they may appear to be friends.
      /acquaintances but if it came to them spending/saving money would they care about your feelings or whether they have 'shafted' you or not?

Comment

Fingers crossed everything goes well but remember you can plan as much as you can however new babies follow their own script, possible post natal issues and all that.

Good luck.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Congrats.

The others have been nice to you but I say no fecking way about the job due to the long commute and a partner with no flexibility.

What you ignore is regardless of what childcare you have in place - and you will need to organise main childcare with family and close friends backing that up - , kids can randomly have emergencies and being over an hour away is just too much.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Congratulations

I think I would turn this on it's head and look at what you want as a mother, for your family, for your relationship with Mr London. You may well be discussing this on ExpectantmumsUK but on here, your focus does appear to be on your career. Believe me, once miniLondon is around, the focus quickly changes

Best of luck
            We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Where is MaryPoppins when you need her.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Never heard of lateral thinking? You obviously never see beyond the end of your nose.
                  That reminds me... must pick up a new pair of socks this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Congrats.

The others have been nice to you but I say no fecking way about the job due to the long commute and a partner with no flexibility.

What you ignore is regardless of what childcare you have in place - and you will need to organise main childcare with family and close friends backing that up - , kids can randomly have emergencies and being over an hour away is just too much.

It’s rare I know anyone in London who is within 60 mins of their house to desk. But I appreciate 80mins is long and not an option with a small child. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
                      Congratulations

I think I would turn this on it's head and look at what you want as a mother, for your family, for your relationship with Mr London. You may well be discussing this on ExpectantmumsUK but on here, your focus does appear to be on your career. Believe me, once miniLondon is around, the focus quickly changes

Best of luck
                      It’s just bad timing and with the urgent project being stopped soon (just tying up some loose ends) I am not in the best position. I wasn’t expecting this conversation until Dec. I could then have said I’m pregnant, I really want to continue working on x project how about we extend for 3 mths from 1 feb?
                      I want to work up to 34 weeks. The money would be welcome. I can then take time off and contract closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                      X