• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is the thread on Daily Mail intimidation of Universities closed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only ever read it when Liddlejohn's spitting nails

Unfortunately, most of the time he does those supposedly funny parody skits these days.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Indeed, 50% of the newspaper headlines are about "it".

It's a bit like banning threads on the 2 world war during the 2nd world war.
      Which is why I've stopped buying newspapers. For those of you who want to do nothing more than go on and on and on, go right ahead.

The rest of us want to talk about other things occasionally.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you start a Brexit thread - let it rip!

Otherwise...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          You mean like in parliament, in the newspapers, on the radio and on TV.

I mean we're expected to sit through endless radio shows with the likes of Katie Hopkins, Julia-Hartley Brewer and Nigel Farage ranting at us.

For the last 20 years I've had to endure endless Eurosceptic rants every time I visit Britain.

Perhaps if you'd actually lived here during those 20 years, you'd have seen why...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Perhaps if you'd actually lived here during those 20 years, you'd have seen why...
            Hired a mini skip recently?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              it is possibly the most important thing to have happened since the war,

Are you being serious??
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Are you being serious??
                For the UK, yes.

Do you consider it to be some triviality of less value than last year's X-factor winner?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Fair enough, I can understand that.
                  Why not delete or lock any threads that don't make any new points?
                  There's going to be a rash of news in the next few months about the single most important issue in modern British times - are we supposed to ignore that?
                  When does anything, anywhere actually make any new points?

The Daily Mail doing their Hang 'em, flog 'em, send 'em back routine; The Guardfian banging its drum about global warming - everything everywhere is like a stuck record!

Except, ahem, dare I say it, some of my threads.

Comment

For the UK, yes.
                    FFS! You really need to get out more......
                    There are umpteen issues that have been of significantly more import to the UK since the end of WW2, but I suppose in your cossetted little world you remain blissfully ignorant of them.

Do you consider it to be some triviality of less value than last year's X-factor winner?
                    Of course not, but if it is nip and tuck for you it wouldn't come as a surprise. You are monumentally dreary and one-dimensional.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      FFS! You really need to get out more......
                      There are umpteen issues that have been of significantly more import to the UK since the end of WW2, but I suppose in your cossetted little world you remain blissfully ignorant of them.
                      Please, provide a list of some of these issues.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X