• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Listening to LBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy listening to Manx FM - It is hilarious. Recent news items include a man ranting at a woman walking her dog shouting rude words, and the electric railway carriage dismounting.

Another good one is the football league - one of the players is nephew of the sports commentator.

I love that way of life.

Comment

These bleedin ads for dental when you smile work and rescue properties are doing my head in ! Must have heard both types at least 10 times today

Comment

LBC have got it right by hiring from both sides of the political spectrum. Different political views are therefore available, which makes listening more interesting, whether you agree with them or not.

If only the BBC had persued the same "diversity" policy.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          James Whale was their best presenter but they stupidly got rid of him.
          I used to listen to James Whale circa '78 or '79 when he hosted the Nightowls phone-in show on Metro Radio in Newcastle. He wasn't very likeable, it must be said. Local callers didn't much like being shock-jocked. He left Metro around 1980 and the excellent Alan Robson has been doing it ever since.
          Last edited by unixman; 8 November 2017, 16:53. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            I used to listen to James Whale circa '78 or '79 when he hosted the Nightowls phone-in show on Metro Radio in Newcastle. He wasn't very likeable, it must be said. Local callers didn't much like being shock-jocked. He left Metro around 1980 and the excellent Alan Robson has been doing it ever since.
            He must have wound the management up or simply got fed up of them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

According to Wikipedia, JW has been married to Melinda Whale since 1970, despite his prickly on-air manner. Have to admit that is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                According to Wikipedia, JW has been married to Melinda Whale since 1970, despite his prickly on-air manner. Have to admit that is pretty cool.
                Or Melinda Whale is laid back.

Comment

Julia Hartley-Brewer is willing to go without Prosecco and Champagne, "if it will do the business".

Self-flagellation is the way to go.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Julia Hartley-Brewer is willing to go without Prosecco and Champagne, "if it will do the business".

we have plenty of experts on self flagellation just see the Brexit forum.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

That's because she is rich enough to afford British fizzy white wine.

Comment

Working...
                      X